View Full Version : ATPL distance study (again)

Token Bird
13th Aug 2001, 12:49
Don't anybody ask me to do a search, OK. It never lets me.

Now that best-in-biz PPSC are sadly no more, I'd like to hear from those of you who have studied for ATPLs with other, inexpensive outfits, eg, Bristol, AFT (while their offer is still on anyway!).

Does anybody know about SFT? Their website don't work on my browser, and a request for info yielded no results.

LoL, a frustrated TB who wants to get studying quick smart!

pugzi
13th Aug 2001, 15:16
Try Oxford? prices came down I believe, try the web site. Others have said they are very good, especially for crammers.
www.oxfordaviation.net. (http://www.oxfordaviation.net.) :) :)

welsh viking
13th Aug 2001, 20:50
I think that the basic consensus is that the two best around are Bristol and Oxford. No doubt you will hear from others recommending other schools. Bristol have good notes and at around £1800 are I believe one of the cheapest. Oxford have reduced their prices down to £2200 if you pay individually for modules 1+2 or £2000 if you pay for them together. They have also teamed up with Jepperson who are major players in the industry. Best be would be to ask for their info packs and visit them yourselves to see which will best suit you i.e atmosphere, facilities, accomodation etc etc.
Good luck with whom ever you choose. By all accounts the exams are hard. Will soon find out myself.

[ 13 August 2001: Message edited by: welsh viking ]

scroggs
13th Aug 2001, 21:40
For those left high-and-dry by PPSC's collapse, there may be an encouraging announcement on this forum by Bristol soon. I have approved the announcement here as, although it may be considered to be advertising, it is in the best interests of those now in the lurch.