View Full Version : FINAL BOARD 9TH AUG

MILFMILFMILF
13th Aug 2001, 12:00
Any of the other lads from the 9th August hear anything yet? Are you out there Sloany? I had a bad+v.realistic dream about a rejection letter, so am now dreading the Postie. keep me posted...and good luck :rolleyes:

sloany
13th Aug 2001, 16:16
MILFMILFMILF I'm here.....how was work in the afternoon :).
Mate, my nerves are shot to pieces, no news yet but I keep thinking of better responses I could have used in the interview. Ah well too late now. I will let you know the instant I have any news, I really do hope it is good as I will be running around like a mad man.
Good luck
Sloany :cool:

MILFMILFMILF
13th Aug 2001, 16:29
Work was rockin! My energy levels were not good, and i slept for 3days solid thereafter.
Hindsight's a wondrful gift, i reckon i could dazzle em now with some blinding answers, and not say "eeeeermmmm" once!
As you say, too late now...will keep you advised sloanmeister. adios :confused:

sloany
13th Aug 2001, 17:08
exactly......hindsight is a wonderful gift!!
Sloany

sloany
15th Aug 2001, 14:28
MILFMILFMILF...
Had some fantastic news last night....I have got through the interview stage :D . My god it feels good, put me on cloud 9 straight away.
I had a really bad day at work and was on the bus home when I picked up an answer machine message from BA saying I had been successful and to give them a call (which I will do shortly) to arrange the med.
Surprisingly all my work worries dissappeared...!!!!!

Let me know how you get on
Sloany

PS-still on cloud nine and will be for quite a while..... :D :D

splonguk
16th Aug 2001, 00:18
Sloany,

Hope you don't mind me joining in what seems to be a pretty exculsive forum here but ...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! WOW, I HATE YOU!!!!

I have the aptitude tests next Thursday for the first time. Can I ask how long it was between aptitudes and FB (not that I want to get too far ahead of myself here)?

Hope the medical doesn't bring any surprises and hopefully I'll see you in the cockpit one day.

sloany
16th Aug 2001, 16:12
SPLONGUK,

Thanks for the good wishes.
It took about 3 weeks between the Aptitude tests and the FB. I think this is around average.

I was fortunate that after both days I had heard that I had got through within 2-3 working days. (From reading other posts it can vary dramatically.)

Good Luck
Sloany

still there on cloud 9 :D !

splonguk
16th Aug 2001, 23:36
It doesn't sound to me like you are that excited about getting through! You are ONLY on cloud 9, I would be on cloud 99999999999999999999999999999999!!!!

I know everyone always asks this, but do you have any tips or advice about the interviews and aptitudes?

sloany
17th Aug 2001, 13:45
That because I have a very cool exteria. Believe me it is the best news I have ever had and there is only one more hurdle to get through the class 1.

Hints and tips - PREPERATION, prepare for all the aptitude test by searching for tests on the net, reading books etc.
Interview - Know your stuff about BA, talk to pilots, read all of the trade mags, search on this fantastic site as there are 100s of posts regarding this stage. Do some flying ( I only have 3 hours in total). In the interview be yourself, if you treuly want to be a pilot this will show through (you cannot blag it!) Do not lie...this will show through. :)

MILFMILFMILF - Any news yet pal? Let me know

Sloany
:D