PDA

View Full Version : Singapore A'lines. - SHAME!

RYAN TCAD
15th Oct 2002, 08:05
Turns out that Singapore A'lines turned its back on Australian travellers that were trying to get out of Bali, even though QF were going to honor the tickets for them! SHAME SHAME SHAME!:eek:

TheNightOwl
15th Oct 2002, 23:32
For me, this re-emphasises what my attitude to SQ has been for years, I will never, EVER, fly SQ again, for any reason. I loathe them.

Kind regards,

TheNightOwl. :mad:

Slasher
16th Oct 2002, 01:41
Having spent just over 2 years locked up at Stalag SQ, I learnt early in my POW days there that the almighty dollar always overrides humanity as far as SI bloodey A is concerned.

Obviousley there was no monetary profit to be made by carrying Aussies out of Bali. Ive known Triad loan-sharks with more frigging compassion.

Boeing Belly
16th Oct 2002, 04:40
I heard on 3AW yesterday an interview with a women trying to get out of Bali. She had SQ tickets and QF would NOT accept them. On Channel Nine news the night before they interviewed passengers coming off a QF flight from Bali. They were saying that QF were charging $450 US one-way. When contacted by the media, QF immediately reduced it to $250 US one-way.

Icarus2001
16th Oct 2002, 07:14
Free market economic theory at work, supply and demand. And no I don't like it.

BarryMonday
16th Oct 2002, 07:38
Well, we have heard some personal points of view but I am wondering if anyone has any facts about what SIA actually did/didn't do and why to share with us?

RYAN TCAD.................?

RYAN TCAD
16th Oct 2002, 08:03
Well, you'd think that if, and i do stress IF, they were thinking of starting up here in Aus, they'd want to perhaps get on the good side of the Aussies, rather than turn them away? ;)

BlueEagle
16th Oct 2002, 10:10
Reading this thread it looks as though QF did not accept SQ tickets and vice versa - if that was the case it leads me to think there may have been a good reason that hasn't yet been mentioned.
If SQ were told that QF would 'honour' the tickests, i.e. SQ would get paid, I can't see SQ not uplifting the pax. Possibly a bit more to this than meets the eye? :(

CitizenXX
17th Oct 2002, 10:42
If the story is true of SQ's behaviour, then it is indeed most unsavoury.

But I tend to align myself with Blue Eagle - if they were guaranteed payment, then why not??

If they are the money grabbing charlatans that Slasher indicates they are, then it would make good business to be in there moving people.

More to this story than is immediately obvious, or being revealed.