PDA

View Full Version : Office Toolbar

FJJP
14th Oct 2002, 18:41
Win2000, Office 2000. I've just sat down in front of another computer at work and would like to have the Office toolbar appear on boot-up. However, I cannot find the customised toolbar or the way to get it to appear on startup.

Help! Anyone advise me please?

KwikPhix
14th Oct 2002, 18:53
If you go to : Start > Run > type, msconfig > OK > Startup > then check the box next to 'Microsoft office Start Up' it should launch the tool bar next time you reboot. I have to say the first thing i do when I get to a different machine is disable the MS office toolbar.
Horses for courses .;) HTH.

FJJP
14th Oct 2002, 21:06
Thanks KP. However, can't find msconfig on my C drive (used Win Explorer, no trace). Perhaps under another name?

RFCC
14th Oct 2002, 22:18
Try - Start/Programs/Microsoft Office Tools/Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar. This will start it and if you exit the bar, it will ask you if you want it to run automatically on start-up.

I'm the same config as you, Win 2K, Office 2K.

idgas
14th Oct 2002, 23:15
If I remember correctly the Office Tool Bar has to be installed as it is not by default. So try running Office setup again via Control Panel & add/remove programs.

Somewhere there will be the option to add the Office Shortcut Bar.

Sorry I can't be more specific as I've been using Office XP for quite sometime.

The following link my also help..

Microsoft Shortcut Bar (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q203078)

Cheers, :cool:

gofer
15th Oct 2002, 14:39
Just follow his suggestion and the office short cut will configure, and then ask if you want it to launch automatically.

I do just the opposite and have dragged all the icons into the Start bar and have that float when needed - much easier and I get more uncluttered real-estate on LCD that way.;)