PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter

92Alpha
14th Oct 2002, 12:51
Don't know if this is the best forum for my questions but;
To get a CPL(H) whats the requirement and is it possible to convert (with little hassle) an ICAO CPL(H) to a JAR one as thats what I've heard. I'm allready have a PPL(A) night and a jabble of hours, and am painfully finishing my ATPL exams. But would prefer to do Heli's if I thought I could get a job in it. Any advice, pointers or slaps for being a fool would be greatly appreciated.

misterbonkers
14th Oct 2002, 21:43
SLAP!!!!!

Do you already have a JAR ATPL(A)?

If not, you must satisfy the authority by sitting 13 exams for ATPL(H) or 14 for ATPL(A) (heli's don't bother with Performance).

At the moment, the exmas are still joined at the hip, but the CAA do plan (although it's been pursponed indefinately) to have a separate route. If you get them done now at least you could go fixed wing route. I would if I had the cash, but as we all know, even the egg beaters are expensive to run, never mind the turbines.

The theory is a balls ache but some experienced guys rattle through it in 3-4months.

Fixed wing recruitment is on way up, there are plenty of us out there who are hoping heli recruitment is going up soon!

Last count; 50 pilots seeking employment with Bristow.

92Alpha
15th Oct 2002, 16:03
Cheers, I'm half way through the ATPL exams and hope to have the CPL(A) next April/May all going to plan but after having an hours flight in a R22 I have to admit I got hooked.
Many Thanks,