PDA

View Full Version : Flybe balls up at Edinburgh..

Big_Mooney
13th Oct 2002, 23:57
I'm sorry that this thread is about how P*SSED off I am at Flybe, but it needs to be said. Arrived at EDI for the flight down to BHX this morning at 9am, only to find out at 9.30am that ne of the engines of our Dash 8 was knackered. Waited and waited until at 12 noon, (could not wait much longer as reason for going down to BHX was NEC show, finishing at 5pm), was told that the flight would not take off until roughly 1.50pm GREAT EH!! So realistically, not gonna get to the NEC until just after 3pm. No point going down, so just went home. ( Did enquire about refund, and should get it ) The only people I feel sorry for are the passengers who were mostly either on their way to Dubai, or to Jersey, and needed to make the connecting flights, and the Serviceair girl on the desk who did a fab job at keeping most people calm.

So tell me, how come this engine fault is suddenly found just before its first flight. Surely it there must have been some indication on the last flight the night before, that something was amiss? And why oh why don't airlines just own up and tell their pax the truth, instead of leading them on. B.E must have known that if one of their engines was screwed, that its not a wee rush job, its gonna take a couple of hours at least.

Sorry to all the Pilots and Tech staff from B.E, but just annoyed as really wanted to go down to BHX, but just turned out to be a wasted day.:mad:

Hand Solo
14th Oct 2002, 18:00
Why don't people fix their cars just before they break down? Why doesn't my car start so well in the morning when it was working perfectly well all day yesterday? Sometimes things just don't work, and there was nothing to suggest it was coming. Sounds to me like BE did tell you the truth - that the flight wasn't going until 1:50pm. Some low cost airlines wouldn't even tell you that and certainly wouldn't give you a refund. Besides, are you certain it was the aircrafts first flight of the day? 09:30 sounds kinda late for the first service ex-edi, so this aircraft may already have come up from BHX that morning and broken down then.