View Full Version : QHI desperately seeking love....

detgnome
13th Oct 2002, 19:09
...and it's not me!

If you haven't seen or heard about it already, check out the latest issue of New Woman with it's 'men' (or something similar) supplement. Inside you will find one of Her Majesty's finest QHIs touting for business as one of Britains 100 eligible bachelors.

As you can imagine here at Strawbs it hasn't caused much amusement...

Chinook
13th Oct 2002, 19:26
I suppose someone has to love a QFI ......

Their mothers perchance?

MightyGem
13th Oct 2002, 19:54
So, as it's been published in the national press, and copies of New Woman are probably few and far between amonst Ppruners, are you going to tell us who it is?:D

kbf1
13th Oct 2002, 20:25
Anyone post a link??? I need cheering up.

Tiger_mate
13th Oct 2002, 21:27
This has to be Tigger, and if it isnt, then since when did the truth matter anyway!

There is a new woman website but it wasnt giving up the info

Gen. Bombdabastards
14th Oct 2002, 12:41
Can't be tigger, he's found someone who loves him.....HIMSELF!!:D :D :D

CrabInCab
14th Oct 2002, 16:58
I can't imagine a three foot cuddly toy having a claim to top 100 bachelor status......or then maybe?!?

:p

Tiger_mate
14th Oct 2002, 22:09
That Tigger was murdered by the Royal Navy R.I.P.

Its sibling died in a Check (sp?) Mil24 Hind crash R.I.P.

There isnt a third, unless you count the brass one that Chindet like to nick that nobody gets too exited about.

propulike
15th Oct 2002, 09:26
So who IS it?????? (Couldn't be the same bloke who went on Blind Date - could it?!!?) :D :D

CrabInCab
15th Oct 2002, 16:22
There was definitely a 3 foot Tigger in the crewroom last time I over there, having just returned from Afghanistan, and I'm certain that his little mate is currently serving with the B1-B boys across the pond.

But still who is he?

:confused:

jayteeto
15th Oct 2002, 20:53
It's not North.....
It's not South....
It's not East....
It must be W###ie.....
Sorry old boy, but you did agree to go in a national magazine, I liked the explanation why you ended your last relationship. Good enough for a senior officer I say!!!!!

Talk Reaction
17th Oct 2002, 19:47
The item made it into a met brief last week, I now feel it might be worth getting up for more met briefs... Definately notone of the MANY who have been on blind date..

I wonder if the chap concerned entered himsself?? Or if someone, a kind unselfish type, entered it for him, merely concerned that the fellow should find love....

If you did it yourself thanks very much old boy always the entertainer Boycey!:D

detgnome
19th Oct 2002, 17:14
Said individual (bless his little cottons) was approached by female journo acquaintance and asked if he would like to appear in the article. Being the knowledgeable and worldly-wise chap that he is, he agreed - even telling one of his other QHI brethren (not me) ‘you won't mention this to anyone will you?’. The rest as they say is now history. Having just returned from Odiham, I am glad to report it is causing much merriment around the RW world.

detgnome
19th Oct 2002, 23:57
got the scan of the article - anyone care to help me out putting it on here?

bigley
20th Oct 2002, 17:23
Bead window Detnome me old china mate. I know the article is in a national mag but there's no point in making it easy for 'em is it?

Scud-U-Like
20th Oct 2002, 18:23
bigley

You're having a laugh. I'm sure those folks (along with a few friendlier forces!) have already acquired their copy of 'New Woman'.

Besides, if you.......sorry, the guy wanted to remain the grey, anonymous man of the military rotary world, he rather went about it the wrong way!

jayteeto
20th Oct 2002, 20:19
I spoke to said QHI on friday and told him that I'd hinted/given away his name and he didn't care one bit. He can take all the banter you lot can throw and you never know......... he might just get some decent replies!!!

detgnome
20th Oct 2002, 20:40
Still doesn't answer the question of how to paste the scanned image on here (If necessary I will edit out any incriminating info...!).

Tiger_mate
20th Oct 2002, 21:12
Putting the image here, lesson 1:

Post image on the web somewhere else, Yahoo for example can host images.

Reply to the last post on this thread, and click on the "IMG" tab.

Insert the address of your image.

You can find the image address by right clicking on it, copying the "properties" address, and pasting said info via the IMG tab whilst writing your reply.

*Warning*

If you put it on your own webpage, others of course can right click and possibly identify your real identity, unless of course you already know the gnomes father as I do. PS Where is the little chap nowadays.

T_M

detgnome
21st Oct 2002, 19:06
The 'individual' has bleated long and hard to anyone who will listen to him today, so to save my hearing I won't be pasting it here. He has also just given me a cheque for £40 so to continue to persecute him anymore would be somewhat churlish!

Detgnome was last seen heading off to the states in a reserve C130. His guardians did email me to ask if he could paricipate in some HALO parachuting, after which I have heard no more - I do hope he is OK!

ps TM fancy replacing your bike with a Blade? Imminent posting forces sale!

bigley
21st Oct 2002, 21:23
Don't think TM would want a blade he doesn't like mopeds!!!:D

Talk Reaction
22nd Oct 2002, 21:34
The individual has bleated long and hard to anyone who would listen to him today.....

Sounds just like our man, I feel sorry for his students, even longer de-briefs!!

Bigley, wouldn't you normally be found promulgating humorous and vital info like this?

Detgnome, is the going rate £40 not to publish...... Only kidding Boycey, I feel like I owe you money for the ammusement alone ;)

Tiger_mate
22nd Oct 2002, 21:48
"ps TM fancy replacing your bike with a Blade? Imminent posting forces sale!"

Nah, I ride like I fly........... VFR

To ride IMC in all that Red Mist that go`s with a blade is a sure fire way to a casualty ward, Then again, all those nurses:

The only thing more certain then death!

Dunhovrin
24th Oct 2002, 09:44
Don't know the chap (Jayteeto e-mail me!!) but IHMO anything that stops you having to shag WRAFS can't be all that bad.
;)

Tiger_mate
24th Oct 2002, 09:47
Well after your time matey, he has never even flown a Wessex!

For that matter he never flew a Gazelle either!

and he`s from Saarrfffend

T_M

bigley
24th Oct 2002, 16:08
Dunhoverin,

What's wrong with shagging WRAFs? It saves W**K*NG!:D

CrabInCab
25th Oct 2002, 09:41
As you well know!

:D ;) :D

detgnome
27th Oct 2002, 19:22
As the banter refuses to stop, another quote from our romantically challenged one: 'A jokes a joke, but I don't like pantomine!'

Heard, amongst much moaning and whining, in the bar on Friday!