PDA

View Full Version : NZ Options

herman
13th Oct 2002, 04:40
Howdy all,
im looking at returning to flying after an absence of a few years
with around 1500 hrs tt
anyone got any info on somewhere to do a C-Cat with a view to some work afterwards?
how bout an Islander rating? who can do one? and ball park wots the going rate per hour?
any help much appreciated
how bout atpl study? anyone do full time theory courses anymore?
cheers!

flyby_kiwi
14th Oct 2002, 06:21
As far as looking for somewhere to do a C CAT with a view to work - most will usually take on C Cats they have trained should work be avavliable. Latley Scott Air in Whakatane and I think Flight2000 at Ardmore have been advertising for instructors tho I think they were 'prefering' B Cats.

For an Islander Rating; Ive seen Mountain Air and a crowd down in Invercargill/Stewart Island buzzing around in a couple so they maybe able rent one out during thier quiet season whenever that might be. I think GBA have one too and have heard of them doing various ratings in the past - No idea what it would cost tho.

As far as the ATPL's go I dont know of anyone who runs full time courses but some of the flying schools have people who are private tutors that may be able to help you out, there is PPSC which is correspondance based learning, and simuflight which is computer based learning.

What was it you were doing to get your 1500tt?

Sharfted Groundhog
14th Oct 2002, 19:31
HERMAN: If your the same 'herman' that got a hard time from a certain operator in Wgtn a couple of years ago by a few "would-be's if they could-be's", it's good to hear your coming back to play!

Welcome back!!!!:D ;)