PDA

View Full Version : Qf Active Consideration

DJD
12th Oct 2002, 09:57
Hi,

I have asked this question before, but never got any constructive answers. For those of you in the know (pls, No smart arse comments) is the ACTIVE CONSIDERATION FILE exactly same as the normal HOLD FILE? Or is it better!! Got a letter saying that im under Active Consideration and file can expect to progress in Jan depending on demand and competition. Now what does this realllly mean?

does it mean im pretty much out, or maybe a chance?

Truckmasters
12th Oct 2002, 10:32
My understanding is that it is not as good as the hold file. However rumuors abound that they might give us all some extra (that means they'd have to give some in the first place) info with regards to time spans. My educated guess (there are others better in the know than me) is still that nothing beats a phone call. Every other letter they write means that someone else is more competitive than you.
Welcome to the waiting list along with 600?? others

Capt Fathom
12th Oct 2002, 12:59
Why don't you just ring and ask? :confused:

Bargearse
12th Oct 2002, 13:17
Now that's a novel suggestion Capt Fathom :D If only it was that easy

:(

Raingauge
12th Oct 2002, 15:39
DJD,
received a similar letter, and have decided in turn to let QF know that they have made my top 5 list of employers. I also let them know that I will only be accepting interviews with my "top 3", which will not be decided until mid next year (mainly due to the Christmas break). I stated in my letter that the competition is very tough, and can offer no guarantee to the "top 3" stage. They now know that if I choose to let their application to be my employer go further, I shall notify them by mail by June next year. Of course if their situation was to change (order more A380's, or manage to flog more of themselves off to overseas investers) they are to notify me as soon as possible, as this could affect their chances, in what is a very tight contest between them and umm err...my "top 5".

goose1
12th Oct 2002, 23:04
DJD,
Having only recently started, my personal experience was that being on the hold file and under active consideration (in my situation)was a lot better than being on the hold file and not hearing anything.
You are probably looking good for a start as long as someone else is not considered more competitive.
Keep the letters going.

YardGlass
13th Oct 2002, 01:32
DJD I too am under "active consideration". I am yet to complete the entire selection process. Have you completed (passed) all stages yet? A mate of mine submitted his application in June this year and got a letter stating he "may" proceed to stage 1 (!) in June next year and that his application was "under active consideration", so maybe being under active consideration is just total load of Qantas BS, as per usual?

DJD
13th Oct 2002, 01:54
Well, i have just the medical and reference cx's to go!!1 well they did give me a time span i guess, they said "Jan". i mean im obviously not counting on it, but would like to be better informed as to where i stand.

some people have told me, that it is becuase they are reallly busy, others say its basically the same as hold file.

Well, my question is, if you do not meet the cut, why would they even bother sending a letter giving you hope, they might as well just say that "sorry you not good ehuf" rite?

Oh well, guess we will never know.

GOOSE 1, so were you on the ACTIVE CONSIDERATION file? and if so for how long?

If thats the case, it gives me that much little hope!!

So did u get a similar lwetter from them too? i mean if you dont mind, can u pls tell me how ur application processed?

thanks!!! any info will be helpful!!

goose1
13th Oct 2002, 03:06
DJD,
I was on the hold file for quite a while and under active consideration (there terminology) for a few months.
If possibly Jan has been suggested to you then, I would say you are in a good position.

BongoDriver
13th Oct 2002, 03:31
Hey Fellahs,

Yea I have been on th Active Consideration list for over a year. Have completed all stages except medical and reference checks. Got a letter recently with the "may be an opportunity for your file to progress to the next stage after December 2002" written on it.

I hope it means something. Hang in there!

E.P.
13th Oct 2002, 08:29
My good mate did a 40 min "interview" with VB, was told that

afternoon that he was in. He started 4 weeks later and will be

a NG Capt just three months after starting!!!! NO B.S.

Hold file for a year???????

DJD
13th Oct 2002, 11:22
Thanx GOOSE1 and BONGO DRIVER,
Really aprreciate it. Well, u guys have certainly given nme some hope!!!
Bongo Driver, hang in there mate, good luk. thats easy said than done for me!!!

So u guys ex-ansett or GA?

if you guys hear anything, pls post it here.!!!

BongoDriver
13th Oct 2002, 12:34
GA..

Would love to not have to do another wet season...

Cmon QF! TAKE ME NOW!

tyga78
14th Oct 2002, 08:41
On active consideration, have completed the medical, just waiting on the reference checks. Active consideration is better than active hold and yes QF are very busy at the moment. A case of hang in there. It's definatley better than the 12month or 2 year letter.

Bongo Driver, you still in the straits?

BongoDriver
14th Oct 2002, 08:44
I wake up every morning and thank the big fellah in the sky that I am no longer in the straits. :)

Been out for 2 years now....

Tyga - were you on active considration before your medical? ie did you have to wait a while after the interview, cos I have yet to do my medical and am on the AC list.

tyga78
14th Oct 2002, 08:50
Must have just missed u, been out for 12 months
Nah, did the medical then got the AC letter. Got the word from the horses mouth though that AC is not a bad thing. I think due to the fact there's still alot of ex AN guys to sort through etc. The last few courses have been mostly AN guys with a trickle of GA but it's meant to be getting better. A course a month for the next 12 months so thats promising.

DJD
15th Oct 2002, 01:32
Geez guys, thanks alot, that has certainly put the old mind at a lil ease!!
soo Bongodriver, much happenin up north rite now?
im a GA instructor, who has abt 1600, GR 1, multi training app etc, and am moving up north in 3 weeks to pursue flying up there!!!

Much movement? i really need to get a CHT job before Jan, in case QF DOES decide to call. (not the only reason though, wud really like to do CHT and slog it out, had it with instructing) Cos i got a little hammered abt staying in sydney in my QF interview. Hence have decided to give instructing up!!!

any words of advice?

BongoDriver
15th Oct 2002, 03:53
There is always some attrition happening around Xmas time etc. Pilots done their x number of years and moving on. Try to get up here (nthQld) before the wet season really sets in around Jan/Feb as alot of operators are reluctant to send newbies off when strips are boggy and its raining pick handles. With your hours I recommend any operator who flies in the Torres Strait. Your hours are a bit low for Cairns CHTR work.

wingnut69
15th Oct 2002, 07:17
Heard last course was taken by relatively high houred blokes. Average hours about 5000. Some ex AN, some from overseas. Most on hold or active hold (whatever you want to call it.) for more than 18 months.

Now remember, relax and deep breath!

Aaaah!:o

bdcer
15th Oct 2002, 10:35
Just to throw some more info into the topic. I completed sim & interview a while ago. Last communication received was a letter stating that I was under "active consideration" & could expect my file to progress further in March 2003.
As for the average age question Bendigo, the few DE guys I know got in at 28-30yrs with between 2-3000hrs.

smurfing
16th Oct 2002, 23:32
With regards to age vs. experience it really does vary. Some guys get in at 40 (but have 5000hrs +) others early 20's with 700. I heard the average age of new PUIT's was around 32. In my opinion (which is worth nothing) if you have around 1500-2000hrs at this age you are in the ball park. It also depends on the type of experience. A wide range of experience is better. At the very least, this is good when looking at doing the interview (I realise some have already) as it gives you more to talk about with the interviewers.
As a note, if you get to do the medical, it generally means (95%of cases) that you have passed everything and are just waiting for a slot.
Good luck fellows, I know the feeling. There is nothing worse than waiting for the phone to ring. Every time it does you think, could this be them, (especially if it shows "private number") and I always rushed to check my voice messages after the phone had been off!! It is certianly worth the wait.

Freek Flyer
17th Oct 2002, 00:30
Just a quick note about the medical,

When you are called up for sim and interview it is standard now that you do the medical also. So it seems things have changed slightly in the last 6 months, so now if you get the call for security checks etc. it seems to be looking good.

I think they get you to do the medical with the rest to save an extra trip for the candidate.

Has anyone else heard the same?

YMML
17th Oct 2002, 13:11
Freek,
stop reading PPRUNE and go check your email...

It is now time to give back to the Industry!!
:D :D

Freek Flyer
18th Oct 2002, 09:24
HHAHAHAHAHA

:D :D :D :D :D

Thanks ymml got it mate, i'll do the deed!!!:D :D :D :D :D