PDA

View Full Version : Airline Approved Physics

RENURPP
12th Oct 2002, 07:30
I met a young guy a few days back who was keen to learn to fly, BUT he hasn't passed high school physics.

QUESTION. Is there still a short course that is acceptable to QF as a substitute for HSC Physics.

If so would appreciate any info-- $$$, where who when how long, all the obvious ones.

thanks

purpletank
12th Oct 2002, 17:28
I'm pretty sure "your friend" ;) could go to a Tafe and do their HSC Physics. I think you can enrol in just the one subject.
I think it would have to be done over a one year duration though, otherwise you'd get all these kids dropping out of high school to do a bunch of short courses to get the HSC.
Anyway, just a thought.

RENURPP
12th Oct 2002, 23:42
Thanks for your concern Purpletank.
I completed that stuff about 24 yrs ago!

He is not actually a friend, he works in customer service for QF, and we were chatting about flying and he told me he wanted to be a pilot but did not complete HSC Physics so i thgought I would find out what the story is with these approved maths and physics courses that are available and pass it on.

TAFE too long.

RYAN TCAD
13th Oct 2002, 05:36
If he works at Qantas, then he should be able to just pick up the internal phone to pilot recruitment and ask them which short courses they do approve. Off the top of my head, Dr. Stephen Holding in Brisbane does it, and also Central Qld. University do a correspondence course too. Both of those places are approved by Qantas, but just ring recruitment, and they will post you out the details for both of them. :cool: