View Full Version : Anyone heard of / flown with this guy?

ariel
27th Apr 2001, 16:25
Hi

I want to finish my PPL as quickly as possible now, and have seen a few advertisements by a guy called Derek Davidson, from Bournemouth.

From the ads, he sounds good; I was wondering if anybody has flown with him at all - I want to be sure, because Bournemouth is a 4 - 5 hour drive from where I live, so I need to know what he's like in advance, before making any arrangements.

Thanks in advance

ariel

Polar_stereographic
27th Apr 2001, 16:34
I've heard of him from others, without critisism.

4-5 hours drive must cover a lot of the country. Also BMA is quite expensive to fly from. I could also recomend somewhere cheaper which comes with my recomendation.

Where do you live?

Clouded Yellow
27th Apr 2001, 16:43
I have met and talked to Derek Davidson with a view to taking my PPL.

I think one would have to describe Derek as a character. I recommend you talk to him over the phone, and meet him.

You also need to be able to handle flying a pink Cessna !!

In all honesty I have heard no bad reports about Derek. I the end I did not use him, but it was a personal decision.

ariel
27th Apr 2001, 18:25
Thanks for replies

I live in North Wales

FireDragon
27th Apr 2001, 23:47
Spoke to him once on 'phone - he seems OK, but can't really say, because I never took it any further

FD

Bailed Out
28th Apr 2001, 02:57
Why do you need to ask a question like that? If you’re concerned then go somewhere where you're more comfortable……….Better for all concerned I think.

ariel
28th Apr 2001, 14:15
Because I don't want to waste my time, AND my money, silly person

Intersection
28th Apr 2001, 18:33
Well contenting with the prices charged down thier and the pink Cessna, i would hesitate but if thats what does it for you then go for it also the 4 hour drive would make me look for somthing closer and cheaper!

[This message has been edited by Intersection (edited 28 April 2001).]

Bailed Out
29th Apr 2001, 01:25
You asked the question, Why bother if you're not going to listen. Prehaps you just want to hear "Go for it, you'll love it."

Well..........Go for it, you'll love it.

BTW:- Don't want to waste your time AND your money, North Wales to Bournemouth, Who's the "silly person" then?

scroggs
29th Apr 2001, 13:55
I'm not entirely comfortable with the discussion of the qualitues of one individual on this forum - whether or not the views expressed are complimentary. As the thread has descended into fractious bickering, I shall close it.

------------------
Scroggs
Wannabe Forum Moderator
[email protected]