PDA

View Full Version : Help, Indonesia/Philipines.

the wizard of auz
11th Oct 2002, 14:20
I am about to embark on a trip from Darwin (Australia) to Manilla (phillipines) and would like to know about all the places to avoid due to social/political unrest. Also any good spots to get Avgas as I hear its a bit hard to get over that way.

PK-KAR where are ya mate? I need your knowledge.

junstrike
12th Oct 2002, 22:09
AVGAS shouldn't be a problem in the major airports, Manila, Cebu, Davao. Not so sure about the other smaller airports. Some have, some don't. Places to avoid are the southwest part of the country. There really is no reason for you to be there anyway unless your a reporter.

half-full
14th Oct 2002, 06:20
Manila???
Not a nice place.

the wizard of auz
14th Oct 2002, 09:39
I only have to deliver the aircraft to manilla....then I'm leaving to go home again.
south west part of what country? is that Indonesia or the Phillipines?.

junstrike
14th Oct 2002, 10:59
The Philippines. Don't know a thing about Indonesia. Been to Jakarta a few times but I never left the hotel.

Manila's your typical urban center. Traffic, pollution, bad drivers and streets and more traffic. Makati's a good enough place to hang out if your billeted in one of the many hotels there.

bisaya
16th Oct 2002, 02:11
zamboanga also has avgas if you want to drop by abusayaff country.... davao might be a little out of the way.. if you can strech your range to cebu, drop by flyers philippines hangar. (32)3407908 or 09.. its at the general aviation areain mactan cebu... they have lots of avgas there... you can also drop by bacolod, avgas is also available there.. negrosair (34)4320115;)

the wizard of auz
18th Oct 2002, 11:01
Thanx for your input guys, especially bisaya, thats the sort of info I was looking for.
any of you mob up for a beer on my way through, drop me an email and I'll chase ya down when I get there.
cheers Wiz. :D

PK-KAR
20th Oct 2002, 20:57
Avgas is available in Denpasar, Ujung Pandang/Makassar, Balikpapan, Samarinda. From Samarinda/Balikpapan you can go to Tawau in Malaysia and then onto Phil... but I am not sure if Avgas is available in Tawau. They are in Kinabalu.

You need to call ahead on those airports about avgas situation.

Alternative route is from Balikpapan you go to Manado if your plane can hop that far.

Avoid Ambon, Palu or Kendari... stick to those airports mentioned above and you'll be safe.

Avgas is abundant in Balikpapan and Samarinda. the rest, you need to call ahead.

Go to www.angkasapura1.co.id and www.angkasapura2.co.id to get details of the airports you need along the route.

PK-KAR

the wizard of auz
21st Oct 2002, 11:56
thanx PK-KAR, they are helpfull links.
What is the main problem with Ambon.......only asking as I really have to stop there for fuel. Is there any way I can go there and avoid drama's?

PK-KAR
23rd Oct 2002, 08:36
Ambon ? I told u in pvt. email.

Even I wouldn't go there. Not safe at the moment.

PK-KAR

the wizard of auz
3rd Nov 2002, 09:45
PK-KAR, Im on my way now and will give ya a bell when in country (if they ever end up giving me a clearance.jeeez they're slow about it) I am going the Dili to Kupang to Makassar to Manado to Davou to Cebu to Manila way.I hope to see you in Jakarta on the way home.........stay tuned to the adventure pack dramas of my flight into SE Asia ( I hope not) ;)

P.S. anyone in any of those places want to catch up for a beer or three or a yarn, drop me a PM or email and we will catch up........pretty flexible sorta trip time.