PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair receives 40 applications from Easy pilots

yankee charlie
6th Oct 2002, 19:29
Ryanair has received 40 applications from Easyjet pilots.

Fasten your seat belt there`s some turbulence ahead.:confused: :confused:

No sig,

I am one of them that`s why I know.

FlapsOne
6th Oct 2002, 19:53
About time YC!

In the last few weeks you have posted nothing but negative comments about EZ in the following topics:

Put me down sick!
Ezy Crewing, Working 12 hrs without break
easyJet handlers to srtike
easyjet new cc uniforms
Ezy Ground Crew Pay Cut & Safety Implications
Ezy Cabin Crew Are Voting For Strike Action
Ezy cancel flights due to crew shortage
easyJet Morale
media speculation - easyJet pilots to strike?
19 Easy flights cancelled in one day

I hope you get the job so you can keep MOL amused with your banter!

no sig
6th Oct 2002, 19:58
Here here, Flaps One.

Stampe
6th Oct 2002, 20:09
The quote "jumping from the frying pan into the fire" come easily to mind and paying £50 just to have your Cv perused!!!!.If you think things couldn,t get any worse try working for a company that is effectively un- regulated ie. on the Irish register.

jumpseater
6th Oct 2002, 20:15
Lloyd Grossman might ask....

So this person knows about Crewing....
They also know about Ground Handling....
They also know about Pilot issues....

So who might have worked in some of those departments?

Then he'd probably mince away to look for a golden keyhole!

Finman
6th Oct 2002, 21:33
no sig

Isn't about time easy 'management' recoginzed the problems they have created? YC is correct. Many size 9s are on the move as fast as they can go. easy was a good company to work for.......could still be.....but.....

Steepclimb
6th Oct 2002, 22:08
Well done Stampe you managed to get a dig in at Ryanair and make an outrageous slur at the same time.

Please note that while there are a lot complaints from apparent Easy Jet pilots you will look long and hard for complaints from within Ryanair. All the Ryanair criticism seems to come from outsiders.

Fascinating that? The way things are going at the moment, there may soon be only one large budget airline left on the field.

NorthernSky
6th Oct 2002, 22:23
If the choice is between an airline which takes away £50 to look at your CV before you've even joined, and one which takes away thousands of pounds of loyalty bonus years after they promised it to you, I think I know which I would bank on.

Either way, Stampe, I wouldn't join an airline which offered over ten years to a 737 command (I know you're on the big metal now, but there were no guarantees)

Oh, and if you work for one of these airlines, the chances are you've got some outstanding shares or options. If you work for one of them, these are worth a bit of money at the moment, if you work for the other you might run to a good meal out, provided you don't need to pay for a taxi home.

Oh, and you need to think when you might plan your good meal out, because one of them offers a lot more pre-planned evenings free than the other... And yet the one with the 'easier' lifestyle gets more work out of its pilots...

Little Friend
7th Oct 2002, 00:53
YC,

How do you know its 40 eJ pilots.

Has each one spoken to you or has FRA told you.
Pip Pip Malvolio.

Caractacus
7th Oct 2002, 20:01
Hmmm. Sceptical as to the motive behind this one. It sounds like a gambit by an EJ pilot. I.E. spread a rumour that there are large scale defections and hope the management will sit up and take note.

It may be, of course that Joyce and Declan have little chats on movement in the B737 market.

If there is an exodus from EJ to FR then it could have a noticeable affect on the market. Dissafected bmi pilots might get into EJ. Some EJ pilots might drift to bmi (sorry sick joke). EJ might respond with a new management gambit and so on.

The fine balance of supply and demand being monitored by all as the true arbiter of terms and conditions.

Tedious isn't it?

PaxmanwithInfo
10th Oct 2002, 14:40
The posting by Stampe thatT

QUOTE - "jumping from the frying pan into the fire" come easily to mind and paying £50 just to have your Cv perused!!!!.If you think things couldn,t get any worse try working for a company that is effectively un- regulated ie. on the Irish register.

as previously mentioned is quite a slur on both the IAA and FR. Steady on buddie.

Are you directly challenging the competency of the IAA??? Is it just a given that the FAA or CAA obviously MUST be more competent?

Or are you challenging the right of a company to weed out time wasters by charging an administrative fee. Don't apply if you don't need/want or don't qualify for the job - would seem to the logic there.

If so, give me some case history - or is all you have hearsay - particularly case by case issues regarding the competency of the IAA???

I'm very interested.

yankee charlie
10th Oct 2002, 17:46
Ryanair received 40 applications from easyjet pilots.

Those in easyland fasten your seat belt there`s turbulence ahead:confused: :confused: :confused:

MarkD
10th Oct 2002, 17:52
hmm... I smell a troll and a thread merger coming on... interesting scent!

mjenkinsblackdog
10th Oct 2002, 17:53
Yankee,
The way things are going at the moment.
May be we should start OUR OWN airline altogether.
Own rostering, own terms and conditions,etc etc.
What do you THINK.:cool:
Charge EASYJET and the like 10000/hour,
only fly daytime , 1st class food,only work when you like, etc.
Girls wearing uniforms not designed by Stevie Wonder.

FlapsOne
10th Oct 2002, 17:57
YC

Why are you running this thread again?

It is still active on Aircrew Notices!

Tiscali
10th Oct 2002, 18:13
YC

I think you have over-stated the case - more like 4 pilots applying to Ryan (if that). Or perhaps this is the same bunch who have alledgedly signed a petition ousting the CC Chairman. It stinks mate - and you are not helping anyone with this sort of drivel!!

yankee charlie
10th Oct 2002, 18:28
I have applied for Ryanair myself STN base and I`ve met a few of my easy colleagues on the day of my interview.

Tiscali
10th Oct 2002, 18:43
'......... met a few of my easy colleagues ...' Well that really is so convincing! As I said before, DRIVEL!

I sincerely hope you get the job with Ryan ..... or maybe you won't because you exaggerated at the interview. :rolleyes:

LowDragLowNoise
10th Oct 2002, 18:52
I don 't think YC exagerates....
Personnaly I am flying for ez and I have been to the ryan itw as well
and I can assure you that I am not the only one.

southern softy
10th Oct 2002, 18:56

King Kee
10th Oct 2002, 19:00
easy has been through a bad patch (rostering, etc.) from which it is now emerging. Life's not perfect, but where is? It's one of the most secure jobs in the industryat present so ain't a bad place to be, all things considered.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side! Ryanair fly the nuts off their pilots. So do easy, but I suspect to a marginally lesser extent (ignoring the rostering disasters of the past few months), and with the Go integration I suspect the final aircraft (and crew?) patterns in the 'new easyJet' will come somewhere between the eJ high utilisation patterns and the Go crew friendly / operationally robust flying lines.

Personal choice as to jumping ship. Personally I plan to hang on a couple of months and see how things pan out.....don't want to make a rash decision and regret it in months to come.

Nightrider
10th Oct 2002, 19:12
So... Ryanair must be top notch.... EJ well below that....and what about the others who face people running off and joining EJ....like A2B.....and what about all these companies where the gap fillers come frome...
Thank god, the other side is always very green.....until you see the paint vanish and the dawning sun reveils many more variations....

mjenkinsblackdog
11th Oct 2002, 04:41
Yc.
May be right about ryan.
I heard quite a few looked at the ford job as well.
It will all come out in the wash.:cool:

Little Friend
11th Oct 2002, 19:19
YC,

So what was the FRA day like-did you hear anything that made you smile. What are the pay'n'conditions like-best you answer; and tell the truth 'cos we'll know if your telling porkies.

Will the "40" that applied equal 40 notices at eJ.

Hang on, 40-must be the top brass on the move-now that would be something!

opsbod
11th Oct 2002, 20:09
I find it interesting that this post is being run by YC just in the middle of EZY's pay negotiations with BALPA and the CC.

Coincidence - no, trust me I'm in Ops!

As for the Ford job, Mark, I suspect anyone with time on 737s looked at that job, good money, short hours, no night stops, home every night and a weekend or two out at a Grand Prix every summer, my kind of airline.

Finman
13th Oct 2002, 20:06
42 & 43. I know of 2 easy Captains going for interview with FRA next week. RW has sown the seeds of what he will reap.:D