PDA

View Full Version : tips for working in the far east ???

perceval
10th Oct 2002, 15:19
hello everybody ,
am looking for anybody with tips to go work in that part of the world coz i woul like to relocate from e-africa (kenya) .what are the best places to try out ? (am resonnably experienced on twins an turbines ) any contacts that could be useful ? well anything really ,
and if anyone needs infos on E.Africa , do not hesitate
cheers

kwaiyai
11th Oct 2002, 05:28
Hi back,
Try this website www.air-info.net. I am hopefully starting work in Malaysia instructing the general feeling is MAS employ locals as FO's but would consider experienced expat type rated captains.
If the recruitment ban gets lifted try Cathay. Either wayI hit as many companies as I could but dont expect to many replies unless you have experience on type. Good Luck.

Stealth
17th Oct 2002, 15:25
Kwaiyai,
Any info on Air Asia?

kwaiyai
26th Oct 2002, 21:20
Hi stealth,
Sorry to not reply sooner but have had computer problems.
I'm probably not the best guy to ask but I will tell you what I know. I have heard that AirAsia were or are looking for crews. I have also heard that some expats have been hired. Have you looked at website airasia.com lately.
Are U looking for work in Malaysia or SEAsia in general if you dont mind me asking.
All the best :cool:

perceval
3rd Nov 2002, 12:05
Kwaiyai , cheers for the reply
Did you get my message ? If not could you tell me anything about Malaysian Flying Academy ? and if you know of any place in KL or around with single or twin turboprops ?My contract in Nairobi finishes in Feb and I''ll be coming to tour Se asia in may/june .What are the conversion requirements there (from an ATP )??Is it straightforward or Aggravating ? Hope we can meet for a beer sometimes next year .appreciate.

kwaiyai
4th Nov 2002, 18:16
Hi Perceval,
Basically Im waiting for my work visa at the moment which is taking ages due security checks since 911 so still in UK. The pay is very respectible as living expenses seem low in Melaka. I dont know of any Turboprop Air Taxi operators in Malaysia but That sight airinfo seems to have most of the operators listed, Mind you theres no substitute for being there and looking around. Which country was your ATPL issued, If its a commonwealth one then I was told its fairly straight forward. AirLaw exam and flight test with Malaysian DCA Examiner. Apparently The FAA is not so easy.
MFA are looking for more instructors apparently.
Hope that helps, A beer sounds great Cheers :cool:

kwaiyai
5th Nov 2002, 11:50
Forgot to mention my email [email protected]
cheers.

malaysian eaglet
4th Dec 2002, 21:44
Welcome on board
I confirm MFA is looking for flying instructors. We are quite busy ,
Cost of life is low compared to Europe. Life in Malacca is pleasant.
I am ground instructor at MFA, (A froggy, having worked with former SFT and before with BAE Systems). Any questions to prepare your landing in Melaka?

kwaiyai
5th Dec 2002, 21:20
Hi Malaysian Eaglet,
Thanks in advance, Ive got one question which I posted in a Private message. Thanks

malaysian eaglet
5th Dec 2002, 21:54
Kwaiyai
answered to your message.
The internet site you give is not working the last part is missing...

miharbik c&t
5th Dec 2002, 22:57
kwaiyai check your pm...

Thanks

kwaiyai
6th Dec 2002, 21:15
Hi Malaysian Eaglet,
Thanks for advice sent you a PM.

Hi Miharbik C&T,
Hope you got My Pm Too

Regards from a freezing ops room:D

perceval
14th Dec 2002, 11:16
hello again ,
I am looking now at some specifics in the following countries :Indonesia,Malaysia,Philippinesand the PNG .
Licence conversions ?Work permits?
Who has Caravans ?Who is looking for a 3500 hours pilot who wants to fly anything but preferrably a twinturbine (or more , nothing personnal against a dash7)?
any help appreciated

kumul1
19th Dec 2002, 10:28
With regards to PNG, have a look at the Dunnanda and Godzone forum under D & G Aircrew Notices. I believe a mob called Airlink are looking for drivers for their Bandits, Titans & Islanders. There is a bit of a general discussion on the life over there also.

All the best.:)

perceval
22nd Dec 2002, 13:28
Thanks for the info about PNG , am looking out there but it looks like everybody wants to see you first , which is the case in most places ,So I''ll do that next .In the mean time :

MERRY XMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY:D :D :D

Freak On A Leash
22nd Dec 2002, 17:56
BTW, what are the requirements for MFA? Do they accept or recognise FAA instructor certificates? How`s the salary? As you can see... pretty much the basics.
Anyone?