PDA

View Full Version : MI6 Jet Ranger

SKYWOLF
10th Oct 2002, 14:12
Apparently MI6 fly an all black Bell Jet Ranger which is based at Battersea Power station in London.

Has anyone seen it?

What is the registration number?

CRAN
10th Oct 2002, 15:12
JetRanger; eh...

Are you sure it is not a black and white Bell 222B with retractable undercarriage, retractable machine guns, retractable rocket launchers and the ability to deploy 2 additional turbines to accelerate to Mach 1+? Not to mention all manner of electronic goodies!

Cos if not, they are a bit behind the times, as the CIA had one of those since '86. Mind you, I hear it was stolen and shipped to Libiya!

:D :D :D

SASless
10th Oct 2002, 16:12
Black? Nay sir.....it is dark gray...black lettering....very hush hush....heliport has ssssssHsssssh rather than a single H !

CTD
10th Oct 2002, 17:49
When I was flying in Somalia, the CIA (at least, that's who we were told it was) had two midnight blue ships, a Hughes 500D and a 212, both with blacked-out windows, in a small, well-guarded hangar on the airfield at MOG. NOBODY was allowed near.

Thud_and_Blunder
10th Oct 2002, 22:18
I thought Mi6 was a b****y great Russian machine with 2 pilots, Spanish Fuel (Manuel Throttle) et al, used for shunting ASU57s around the Polygons back in the 1960s. Wouldn't be much room for one of those at Battersea...

Or perhaps I'm missing the point...:D

Decimal
10th Oct 2002, 23:55
Nice one Cran!

Yeh, I heard some guy called String Fellow Hawke was flying that triple deuce round London lately.........

Q has commissioned it for the next Bond film; a film of gadgets, watches, cars and helicopters

:D :D :D

Decimal :cool:

Red Red Wine

SASless
11th Oct 2002, 03:40
CTD....

The 212 there in Somalia was active...the little bird was left over from when the Rangers/Delta guys were there. I became quite close to the 212 guys while I was there....helped them load the 212 onto a C-130 when they left. Ran into one of the pilots at a stateside location. They were in support of an operation there that involved other aviation assets. They were quartered in some very nice RV trailers on top of the dunes overlooking the beach....the Aussies took over that site when the Americans departed. What the guys were doing there was very interesting....and contributed greatly to our safety. As you recall....the AC-130 Spectre orbited the area all night long.....lots of people were watching what was going on while we slumbered in those five star living quarters we had.

SKYWOLF
17th Oct 2002, 09:31
Nice one Cran:cool: :cool: :cool:

Labarynth Seal
17th Oct 2002, 12:24
Could have sworn the 222 you are talking about came as standard in warship grey........but I could be mistaken :D :D

CTD
17th Oct 2002, 14:21
SASless, I remember the Spectre well, a comforting drone that was each evening. Remember the one they lost in Mombasa?