View Full Version : London Flying Clubs?

Eggboy
10th Aug 2001, 04:30
Wondering if any one has some recommendations for decent flying schools in the London area? ie. those that are accessible via the wonderful tube system we have here in the capital :rolleyes: I am looking into doing my PPL over the coming months and therefore would really appreciate any feedback from those who have been in the same situation.

Thanks in advance,

Eggboy :cool:

[ 10 August 2001: Message edited by: Eggboy ]

Manflex55
10th Aug 2001, 12:43
The closest I know of is Stapleford, within cycling distance from Centre Line station "Theydon Bois". About 50mn from "Oxford Circus". U find them here. (http://www.flysfc.com/pro/index.htm) ;)

MF

Eggboy
13th Aug 2001, 16:41
Cheers for the reply and for supplying the link, I'm gonna look into it now,
Eggboy :cool:

A and C
14th Aug 2001, 12:08
Try the british airways flying club at wycombe air park about 40 min out of marylebone on the chiltern line.

01494 529262

When you talk to them remember that "what they say is what you pay" unlike some outfits you will not find lots of add on,s like VAT ,landing fees, fees for talking to instructors for more than 5 min ECT.

Simon W
14th Aug 2001, 12:31
I can vouch for the BA Flying Club at Wycombe. Currently doing my PPL there and very happy with them so far. You can either train on the PA38-Tomahawk (that's what I'm using) or the PA28-Warrior.

Regards,

Simon

mint
19th Aug 2001, 14:54
British Airways club is a 'club' and not a business like some other flying organizations
that will charge you up to £200.00 a year just to join, BA is a mere £80.00/year membership.
Re-joined just yesterday :)
Good Luck!