PDA

View Full Version : Comair

Craggenmore
10th Oct 2002, 08:56
Greetings everyone,

Is anyone currently going through the JAA ATPL at Comair A.A in Florida.

I would like some advice about their set up and your experiences and thoughts.

I am also thinking about their instructor route which would mean 2 years out in Florida. What are the pros and cons of following that route. My thinking is that with the job market being particularly slow right now, it may not be a bad idea to spend some time teaching and staying current and of course valueable hour building.

All thoughts and comments greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Craggenmore

Leon I
10th Oct 2002, 18:18
Last year i went to the Renassance hotel in london for the flight exhibition.Fortunately i am in a position to consider a similar venture(12 years aerospace redundancy, not millionare) after discussion with a gentleman there who had already taken your route with a particular company he was soon released before completing his flight instructor time so to speak carrying one hell of a large debt.There were several companys there who remark on offers but there are so many things they leave out it is frightening.
Moral
Spend time looking around even though it can be annoying i am now up to one year searching and have a short list even though this may seem a bit drawn out once the money is gone you cant turn the clock back.
there is a book i have bought which i would recommend if you e mail me as i am new to this site and certain subjects appear sensitive ie school ref.comments etc
Hope things go well in future:)