View Full Version : Any Australian PPRuNers out there?

WGW
10th Aug 2001, 03:42
I'm heading over to Sydney on the 3rd September to get 80 hours or so, hour building towards 150 before starting ATPL ground school here in the UK. Got a Piper Archer booked for three weeks with Illawarra at Bankstown. Plan is to do whatever flight test I need to do to get an Australian endorsement on my JAR PPL, bit of nav and RT practice around NSW, then head off for a big trip round Oz. Planning on Sydney, Bourke, Adelaide, Perth (time permitting), Alice Springs, Darwin, Cairns, Brisbane and back to Sydney. Anyone fancy meeting up with a Pom with pilot aspirations for a beer or two, maybe a bit of flying? Just name your city - chances are I'll be passing through.

E-mail me - would be good to find a friendly face or two in the outback.

:cool:

WGW

EGPFlyer
10th Aug 2001, 04:27
geeeeez WGW! you aint half getting about a bit!
I'll give you a bell this week matey!

BreakRight
10th Aug 2001, 07:38
Nice one WGW, I`m in oz just now doing the big tour (not flying it though!!) and I`m going anticlckwise so were bound to pass each other if you want to grab a pint or twenty on the way, give me a bell. I cant say exactly when I`ll be in places, except that I`ll be in Darwin on the 27th, Perth on the 28th Aug for a few days and Adelaide on the 5th Sept for a few days and I have to be in SYD by the 27th sept everything else is a bit random but give me an e-mail.

Actually that goes for any Aussies who fancy a jar or two on the way - I`ll also be in Cairns from this Sunday for a week! Oh yeah, and Townsville on Saturday night.

[ 10 August 2001: Message edited by: BreakRight ]

howard hughes
10th Aug 2001, 08:01
WGW
Look forward to seeing you in oz, if your looking for a few more drinking buddies you might try posting the same message on Dunnunda and Godzone.

Cheers big ears,
hh.

GonvilleBromhead
10th Aug 2001, 12:48
WGW,

Just out of interest, what sort of prices are you looking at for hour building at Bankstown ?

I need to do some myself in the future, it is either going to be Florida or Oz and tie in a hol at the same time.

cheers.

WGW
10th Aug 2001, 23:42
EGPF - beats the hell outa Prestwick don't it? Got to do it while I can, not getting any younger. Some of us haven't got three more go's at BA you know... Catch you later.

Breakright - check your e-mail. Adelaide and/or Sydney may be a definite possibility.

Howard Hughes - you've not got e-mail enabled - get in touch. You in Oz? And wilco on the suggested sites.

Gonville - Piper Archer @ A$136 per hour wet = around £50. You'll get a C152 at more like A$90, ie similar charter to the US - Aussie dollar is low at the moment. Flights will cost you more, but cost of living seems a lot lower, at least according to the Lonely Planet. Tenner a night should see you right in backpackerland.

And hey, it's Australia. They speak real English over there. You try saying Cheers Mate to an American on the phone...

:)

WGW

PS I love America by the way. Tucson is the d's b's. (Translation via e-mail if req ;))

Charlie Foxtrot India
11th Aug 2001, 16:44
WGW, check your email, see you at YPJT! (The best bit of Aus)

WGW
11th Aug 2001, 20:52
CFI Wilco, WGW.