PDA

View Full Version : Bonanza's in SE QLD?

Angle of Attack
8th Oct 2002, 05:10
G'day,

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get my hands on a Bonanza for private hire in the South East Qld area, and what sort of rates I would be looking at, the aircraft only needs to be VFR. Also if there are any sort of experience requirements required to hire it, Cheers in advance.

Rich-Fine-Green
8th Oct 2002, 05:50
Try Downs Aero Club (YTWB);

A36 there was about A$260 + GST.

puff
8th Oct 2002, 06:36
Last I read I think the DDAC has got rid of their Bonanza....Hempels at Archerfield have one, VH-ILG, it's an IFR A36, not sure of their rates it would be on their website.

Jamair
10th Oct 2002, 06:37
Ah, the mighty Bonzas......

OK, DDAC sold their A36 (WMA) to a bloke in Griffith, so scrap that idea.

Hempels (ILG) is an A36 with tippies; it is IFR but not pretty and charged out at $220 VDO + GST + dual check ride + landing & ASA charges.

FMY is an A36 at RED; it's privately owned and an absolute ripper, fully decked IFR and new motor. He charges $220 tacho; but his insurance requires you must already have some Bonza hours and undertake a dual check. Ask RED Aeroclub for contact details - but it is prebooked for a lot of the month.

ILJ is a privately owned V35 at BN (yep, the big place) which charges out to approved pilots only (you must have Bonza time and there are minimum PIC times as well) at $190 tacho. Is IFR, but its is an old aeroplane. Goes like a cut cat but:D . No ICS either, and as anyone with time in a V35 will tell you, they are way loud. Look up the owner in the rego list (I don't think he would want me to put his number here)

As far as hire-able Bonzas go, that's all the ones I know of. You might like to give DDAC a call and check with their Pres (Edgar)who is in the Aust Bonza Society re their contacts; also if you are considering flying one, ask about doing the Bonza pilot proficiency program - very worth while.

Also consider the C206 at RED if you want the space, or the Mooney at DDAC if its speed you need.

Call me odd if you will, but if I am shelling out my (very) hard earned pesos, I want an aeroplane that looks well kept, clean and odour / rubbish free; in which all the knobs, dials and clocks work.

Have fun.