PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Resits

BravoOne
7th Oct 2002, 21:49
Hi All,

Just a quick question for those of you who are in the know...

I am preparing a contingency plan and would like to know, if I manage to make a hash of some of the ATPL distance learning exams, how long would I be put back by having to resit these exams. Also, if I fail one of the skills tests, what happens next?

For example, if I fail two exams during module one, how long before you can resit the same exam? Can you continue with the next part of the course until this date arrives? How long before you can re-apply for a skills test?

Just in case there is any relevance I plan on doing the ATPL Groundschool via distance learning.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
B1.

READY MESSAGE
8th Oct 2002, 02:04
B1

It's very much up to you how you sit the exams. As long you pass them all within 4 attempts and 6 trips to the exam hall, oh yes, and all in 18 months from the date of the first sitting of course.....

If you fail any you normally miss the deadline to resit the following month due to the length of time the CAA take to mark and send out results. So, if you sit exams in Jan and fail one, the earliest you will be able to resit the exam will be March.

I don't see that there is any problem with you starting your second module when you have a couple of exams outstanding from module 1. It's up to you whether you leave any resits until after sitting your module 2 exams or sit them whilst studying module 2. As I said, it's up to you. Your FTO, in your case Bristol, may advise you on which way to handle resits but do whatever you're happy with.

I did mine in several attempts two years ago. That's how the system worked then, I haven't heard that its changed.

I hope it makes some sense! Good luck with the course.

Regards
RM

BravoOne
8th Oct 2002, 18:09
Thanks RM,

I guess the answer I was looking for was that I could continue my studies and resit 1 month later.

Exams are set every month also.

Just to be safe, I'll schedule two months, 1 for each module, for resits. That should cover it!

Regards,
B1.