PDA

View Full Version : Some bedtime reading .....

Dave Jackson
7th Oct 2002, 20:00
..... for those with insomnia. http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/1-140/toc.html :D :D

On a slightly less serious note,

A new publication entitled "Helicopters of the Third Reich" by Steve Coates, is in printing and will be available in November.

At this period in time, the most technologically advanced helicopters were those of the Germans. The outcome of the war, of course, left few countries economically enabled to continue helicopter production.

I understand that three chapters are devoted exclusively to the intermeshing Flettner.

Dave J.

3top
8th Oct 2002, 00:10
Hi Dave,

amazing what they put on the net! Certain people in the middle-east surely did use it to get ready,............just in case.

Do you have any link or idea where to get the following, if possible online:

FUNDAMENTALS OF FLIGHT, FM 1-203 (incorporated into FM 3-04.201, together with ENVIRONMENTAL FLIGHT, FM 1-202)

I donīt get, how someone would put a gunnery manual on the net, but it seems there is no place for an aerodynamics text without any significant reference to tactic or strategic classified info.

Once I had a chance to look over a copy of the original FM 1-203. It was the best basic text on flight (airplane + helicopter) I ever read. I would like to get my hands on a copy!!

:) 3top

PS: on the weblink on your post, I can not find a link like the one on gunnery....

Dave Jackson
8th Oct 2002, 03:11
Mr. 3top,

I just stumbled on this site while browsing E-bay for bargains on 'Weapons of Mass Destruction'. ;)

To pass on additional information might result in a knock on the front door in the middle of the night. :(

Yours truly;
Fred Anonymous

3top
9th Oct 2002, 01:08
You see Fred A.,

thatīs the crazy thing! WoMD stuff you may actually find on e-bay!!
Obviously you found a helo-gunnery manual (the actual how - do book!!). There is plenty of other stuff there (I didnīt recheck the FM on military-brass bands though....), that looks VERY inviting to anyone with an aversion against western live style,........

but that doesnīt really matter, you get busted when you try to find basic aerodynamics!!!!

Norm Nobody,:) :) :)