PDA

View Full Version : Rugby World Cup Flights 2003

SixStarAnsett
7th Oct 2002, 14:11
Hi, I'm new to this site, so I hope I have posted this in the right forum.

I know it's early days, but does anyone have any info/notions about rugby world cup transport arrangements? The rugby world cup is being held in 10 diff. cities around australia next year- one of them is Townsville (where i live)- the teams and prob. supporters visiting will be mainly from France, Scotland, Japan and Fiji.

I ask this because TSV/YBTL doesn't receive any intl flights- well none that I know of anyway (could anyone correct me :confused: ?).

I would also like to ask if anyone know if charter flights etc organised to cater for an event such as the rugby world cup are listed in flight search engines such as OAG etc. And are the flights out of the host cities released for sale by the operating companies? I ask this with the presumption that they would be, because what airline likes to see their planes flying empty:D.

Oh well thanks for any info you could give me

SixStarAnsett:)

tangocharlie
7th Oct 2002, 18:53
6*, living in England, do not expect hardly any extra 'world cup dedicated' flights. Even when the British Lions toured down your way, the special packages were with BA, etc as normal scheduled flights. Would guess that it will be the same for the world cup with flights to Brisbane and then internal up to yours.

Dont forget that rugby world cup not as massive an event in the Northern hemisphere as maybe in the South.

At least England have a chance of winning it!!!!

TheNightOwl
9th Oct 2002, 23:50
tangocharlie: Get yer hand off it, son, England has NO chance of winning it, not with our team in there! Now, had you said Scotland had a chance of winning, I'd be a sentimental, if unrealistic, supporter of that!

Kind regards,

TheNightOwl. :D :D

tangocharlie
10th Oct 2002, 17:53
TheNightOwl, just so it isn't too painful for you to lose the world cup, we will give you a taste of it at Twickenham in November!

Cheers

Non Iron Chippy
11th Oct 2002, 23:25
How long before this thread is censured for deviating off an avaition topic!

The Rugby World Cup has big following in the NH, wait to see the red top's back pages light up when the Irish storm through to claim glory!!!!!!!!

Anti Skid On
16th Oct 2002, 11:17
The only team winning will be one in black. Who holds the tri-nations, who won the Super 12's (14/15 of the team that won the tri-nations!), who got shafted over the hosting of the competition - revenge is sweet.

(PS I am not a Kiwi!!) As a Scot I have to have to say our rugby team are as good as our footie team at the moment - and they are cr@p!