PDA

View Full Version : Stapleford - Any views please?

KevinJet
7th Oct 2002, 10:41
I am planning to sign-up to Stapleford Flight Centre to undertake ATPL Flying training in combination with hours building in Oklahoma. Can anyone confirm that this is a good choice?
Thanks

ESSEX BOY
7th Oct 2002, 21:22
Think your making a good decision, their a good school, lots of good things said about them, you only have to read the posts on the Wannabe section at the moment. (towards the top of the Wannabe page) !

done alot of training at Stapleford, and been overall very pleased ! Dont know about the training in Oklahoma, but i think if you speak to the Head of Training Colin Dobney he'll do you a good deal if you stayed in the UK at Stapleford, i dont think you'll find out that it makes much difference (money wise) and the training is normally a better standard in this country ?

Whatever you do goodluck

But think you've made a good choice !!!

:D

jonjon
8th Oct 2002, 08:47
Hi KevinJet,

I am in the same situation as you are and have posted a similar topic, have alook at "Stapleford anyone?", there is quite a few interesting posts!

Maybe I'l se you there!

JJ

Cookiemonster5
10th Oct 2002, 00:31
I looked at this course at Stapleford a few months back and did some research, everything indicated it's a great school but i did find one small problem... The 10 week flight training in the U.S.A (ppl and flight experience) is conducted under the Visa waiver scheme... i wan't sure if this was correct.. everything i've read on this matter says it isn't. As i understand it it's formal flight training and requires a Visa, have a read on here and make up your own mind, didn't fancy risking it myself. Hope this is some help to you.

A and C
10th Oct 2002, 07:36
SFC seem to have a good reputation in the business and in the twenty years or so that have been around GA I,v not not seen anything that would put me off flying with them.

AIRWAY
22nd Oct 2003, 17:12
Hi All,

I am with Stapleford ( PPL at the moment ), and what can i say, i agree with the comments made above, they are a good training provider, prices are reasonably good, the instructors are great :ok: and im happy there.

Number Cruncher
22nd Oct 2003, 18:29
No complaints with them!

PPL in the minimum and its all go from here!

I think they have a sim that comes in pretty handy too at some point!

Charlie Zulu
22nd Oct 2003, 18:44
The hour building would be no problem on a visa waiver scheme.

However as you'd be doing the PPL as well you'd need an M-1 visa for which the school in the USA needs to be Immigration approved.

clearfortheoption
22nd Oct 2003, 18:56
HI,

I did hours building ,CPL,MULTI,IR with Stapleford and was very pleased with instructors ,aircraft and very friendly staff at the desk!

prices are reasonable and the new sim an ALSIM 200 with vision is really good for the IR and can save money since it's about 180 quid cheapper than the aircraft and you can do up to 35hours in it !

The fleet is well mantained(I never had problems ) .

I don't know about the USA part of the training.

Whatever you decide visit the facilities first and have a chat with other students there.

Good Luck,

M.A.