PDA

View Full Version : Delsey Airlines bites the dust ?

AEROVISION
7th Oct 2002, 09:28
Heard disturbing news from our friends in the Low Countries this morning.

Apparently, Delsey airlines, ( VG Airlines, Freddy V. G.) is in trouble. If today or tomorrow a new investor does not make a significant cash injection it's the end of the line.
No money to pay Sabena Technics, fuel, catering, insurance.

I know they pumped substantial money in the black hole Air Holland, but what else is wrong.
Four months from start to finish does not look good.
So, what is it? Any Belgique PPruNer to shine his light ?

With best regards
A.V.

admiral ackbar
7th Oct 2002, 10:58
Well; the load factors on the BOS-BRU flight were lower than 40%, from what I have read.

There was a flight last week with 5 people on an A330.:eek:

I think that might explain it.

Konkordski
7th Oct 2002, 11:53
When you're resorting to tying up with Armenian Airlines to find business, I think you're pretty much heading along Desperation Drive.

Cityliner
7th Oct 2002, 17:07
Heard this rumor to from some friends in Belgium.
Hopefully they 'll find a new investor Belgium Aviaton needs some luck after the last year!
But honestly I don't believe in a rescue their fate can just ne delayed.

Lu Zuckerman
7th Oct 2002, 19:37
Probably the reason there is minimal injection of capital at least from the USA is that no one wants to invest in an airline named after a toilet paper.

:cool:

akerosid
7th Oct 2002, 20:16
Just as a matter of interest, how many 332s do they have AND are these aircraft equipped with crew bunks?

evolante
8th Oct 2002, 09:16
Is this the B757-200 PH-AHT?

Heard it had been 'arrested' in AMS

oefag
8th Oct 2002, 10:05
evolante,
You state that the PH-AHT has been "arrested" in Amsterdam.
Might well be, the maschine belongs to Delsey Airlines.
Where did you pick up this news ?
I do fly for "the blackhole" Air Holland which operates the
PH-AHT . I haven't heard the news yet !!

AEROVISION
10th Oct 2002, 16:23
Hi there,

Just of the phone with my friend, Whistley Blower, who reported that all was well again.

Management announced that there were no payment problems nor chapter 11 scenarios, nothing of the sort. Stupid jounalists.
To the contrary, new sectors will be announced shortly and the rotation Yeravan-Brussels-Los Angeles will be increased.
On top of that, 2 or 3 more aircraft will be added to the fleet soon.

There you have it, worried for nothing,
;)

with best regards
A.V.

Nightrider
10th Oct 2002, 16:43
AEROVISION, you started this topic with a very threatening tone. Now you call everything off after you brought a company very much into discredit as well as you have managed to let all the employees feel the fears of the past returning again.
Beside this, can you imagine how nice your comments and unsolicited statements are for all those of us, who are still unemployed after almost a year?
As far as I can see, this discussion here was very much nonsense at all, and hopefully they (Delsey) survive and develop to wherever they want to go as this will create competition and more jobs again.
And all this is very much needed.

Your occupation shows Flight Management, your location shows the Emirates, do you have an axe to grind with someone back home? If, then don't do this on the back of others who are not involved in your private game.

AEROVISION
10th Oct 2002, 18:04
Night Rider, good evening.

No need to be annoyed.
Let me tell you, I know Freddy since the early days of VLM's conception and if there is one person whom I wholeheartedly wish every succes in his airline ventures it's him.
The reason I started this topic is that I was genuinely concerned about the news which came to me about said airline and I wanted to know what went wrong in such a short time.
Apart from the few replies here on PPruNe I got a lot of info via private mail, and when my friend W.B. gave me some more info,
I felt it only prudent to make a "tonque in cheek" retreat on this forum. No axe to grind my friend, not in a million years. And if that was the impression I made, I'm sorry.

In todays industries climate, we need any aviation initiative hugged as a polar bear and we , in "flight management" have a supporting network all over the place which allows us a 'wink" comment every now and then for that matter. I know about the pilot employment situation in Europe and it is not good. Maybe you are affected right now but don't let that cloud your perception of the real issues at hand. Delsey need to do some soul searching before it's to late.

Feel free to email me privately if you want as further elaborations
on the subject might trigger the moderators to axe us both. ;)

If you happened to vist DXB, let me know, I buy you a beer.

With best regards
A.V.

EXCIN
11th Oct 2002, 09:03
akerosid

Delsey is flying with 3 A330-200's (ex-Sabena) with the crew bunks removed.
More info on http://www.delseyairlines.com