PDA

View Full Version : Will it ever work? Tee Hee Hee

Boing7117
7th Oct 2002, 09:28
Just found this :

http://www.makemeapilot.co.uk

I admit, I think it has potential. Time will tell.

I've heard of someone who did something similar, but it wasn't flying related. They did okay out of it.

Is this person desperate?

probably.

GonvilleBromhead
7th Oct 2002, 09:37
Oh I've gotta say, brightened up my Monday moring, nearly pi$$ed myself.

Gotta hand it to the lad though, 10/10 for effort and a good healthy "If you don't ask, you won't get" attitude.

Just for the cheek/initiative/neck of it all, I'm tempted to give him a few bob.

Now, who'll pay for my IR, come on, must be someone out there ! Or even for my beer, I'm not fussy.

:D

Sagey
7th Oct 2002, 10:01
Knew this would turn up, poor copy of the idea in http://www.helpmeleavemyhusband.com which has received international media recognition.

Guess this bloke has never heard of the Pprune fund either, which aims to help far more than 1 individual fulfill their ambition!

Sagey

Boing7117
7th Oct 2002, 10:18
International media recognition?

What's wrong with that then?

Good luck to the lad, that's what I say !

Sagey
7th Oct 2002, 11:18
Help me leave my husband website has received international media attention, not this lads website.

Just saying that I knew it was a possibility that someone would ehar about it and try it for flying!

Sagey

Select Zone Five
7th Oct 2002, 11:42
The first one I heard of was www.sendmeadollar.com and that was quite a few years back (and he only seems to have $4,700)!

wobblyprop
7th Oct 2002, 15:38
there is another website out there (wish i could find th url). The guy, a computer geek, in the real sense of the word, is asking for enough money to get laid by a hooker. :D cos he can't get a girlfriend anyother way

Andy_R
7th Oct 2002, 22:33
nice idea....anyone got a spare £40000

mattpilot
8th Oct 2002, 03:54
how about you wannabes asking for money start selling 'shares of yourself'. :D hehe

Example: I buy 30% of you today. Now you owe owe me 30% of your income :)

sound good? :rolleyes:

*************** edit *********

hmmm.... call me nuts, but i just did the math on my idea :D hehe

anyhow, i find this interesting and will thus share it with you. If you see a website popping up with this idea in a few days, its not me - i swear ;) hehe :rolleyes:

Lets say you earn $30 000 a year. I figure thats a good average. Lets also say that you decided you want to sell 0.1% of your paycheck for a cost of $100. And lets say you decided to sell no more than 20% of yourself, since you need money to live on.

So what you've got is a potential to raise $20 000. Now people would "invest" this money into you expecting to get a ROI. Lets say you would promise them that they would get their bought %' of your income until you doubled their original investment.

Anyhow, lets say john doe comes along and buys 1% of you. Meaning he has to pay $1000. This means you will have to pay him back $2000. Since your earning $30k a year and he owns 1% you will give him $300 every year. After 3 1/2 years you will have paid him back and after 7 years (total) you will have doubled his money.

This all assumes that your income will never go above $30k a year for 7 years - but it obviously will, and thus the repayment will be quicker.

Anyway, the best COD (certificate of deposit) investment i could find would only offer a little less than 5% annually. This means you would have to wait a little more than 14 years (double the time!) to get 100% ROI. And after 7 years you will only have $1407.

And since your selling 20% of your income, you will have $24 000 for yourself.

Why would anyone invest in you as compared to the begger sites? Because your promising them a return.

Am i a genius or what? :D hehe :cool:

anyhow... i'm sure some beancounter will come along and find flaws in it - but please do.. cause i'll probably be crazy enough to try it :)

Boing7117
8th Oct 2002, 10:59
The more I look at this site - the more I wonder why the bloody hell I didn't think of it first !

I'd be interested to know how much this guy has raised though.

Wonder if there's room for two of us on the great big web ??

Superpilot
8th Oct 2002, 18:38
It was the first time in my life I realised that if I wanted something badly, work at it, and it will come...

The guy does have a point! :D