PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Info

DoMePlease
6th Oct 2002, 07:57
Seeking info on ATPL. How many types of ATPL's are there? Do they all have those 14 subjects? Is there a website I can go to to find the syllabus?

take_me_on_high
6th Oct 2002, 08:56
In reply to both your posts on here
, yes you have to do all 14 subjects. You can find the syllabus at http://www.caa.co.uk/srg/licensing/fcl/document.asp?groupid=184 . When you start your ATPL subjects you will need to take all the notes you can for revision when you do the exams. This isn't GCSE or A 'levels you know. You need to know your stuff to pass. So, my notes are based around the subjects and the course syllabus. What else would my notes be based around? PPL sylabus? (God that seems so easy now.)

Good luck.

redsnail
6th Oct 2002, 13:24
DoMePlease,
Which country's ATPL are you seeking info on?
JAR covers Europe but there are ATPLs in just about every ICAO country.
If it's the UK, it's a JAR ATPL and there are 14 wonderful exams. The CAA website has all the info - except the answers! :D

Although I am a bit surprised you ask this because according to a thread in Far East (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64510) forum you already claim to be a 744 Captain?

DoMePlease
6th Oct 2002, 16:24
TakeMeOn: Thank you for replying. I have seen your website of the ATPL notes and can see you genuinely want to help others. However, I have been shot at for critisizing your website. I guess I may have sounded a little harsh, for which I apologize. All I wanted to say was that your MindMap stuff was just souped up header names of ATPL topics. I don't really see notes that would "help" others. I haven't started my ATPL so I could be wrong, and if i am, I apologize. Hope you see this as a friendly inquiry and not as an insult. I did not mean any insult.

RedSnail: Gosh... it always surprises me how I can be tracked at PPRUNE. This is not the first time someone has tracked my other posts. Anyway, you are right as I am no 744 jockey (obviously). That post was posted by a friend of mine using my computer (he is who he says he is in that post). I saw no harm in him using my nick since i am 100% sure that what he said was true.

take_me_on_high
6th Oct 2002, 19:14
(Same post as 653364)

OK. Do me (or whatever), I think I see the problem. Why don't you try downloading the 9mb's worth of text that is there and open up the files in mindmap. If you can work out how to open mindmap then you will see that the majority of the ATPL subject material is there. It's not just colourful lines with pictures etc.... it is a way of remembering notes. For a University Graduate you seem to have difficulty with the smallest of tasks and quick to judge others. Why on earth would I just put headers there? Why don't you try opening the files correctly. When you open a mindmap you press CTRL + D or use the arrow keys on the keyboard to open up sub topics. Not the hardest of tasks, even for a 'university graduate'.
My initial post reply to you was not intended as a dig but just trying to help you out and point you to the syllabus and what the notes where for.
I think if you take another look, you will see a lot of information in the notes.
You obviously didn't try the menu on the left of the site screen either; otherwise you would have seen plenty of notes if you kept going down the branches. There are hundreds of subtopics, so perhaps you thought that was all there was, sub topics.
Anyway, my SYSTEMS, INSTR., MET exams are over the next 3 days so I am going to finish my revision for those.
By the way, why a screen name of DoMePlease? Are you submissive?

DoMePlease
7th Oct 2002, 05:56
TakeMeOn:

Like i said, I was just asking. I did not mean any insult. Sorry it come out that way. Anyway, I don't think you need to be sarcastic with the whole "university graduate" thing. I don't understnad why you're being so antagonistic. I really just was asking. Sorry to have bothered you. I will try to use MindMap properly now. You have my apologies. You are smart and I am a jackass. And DoMePlease is a stupid name also. You win. I lose. Ok? Hope you get whatever you want in life. Cheers and try to stay cool dude... it ain't the end of the world when other people inquire about your work. To be honest, you should try to be a bit more friendly if you're going to post your work on WWW. Not everyone was born with MindMap. Anyway, I am sorry for whatever I did wrong to you. Hope you can accept this apology and please don't give up helping others because of "idiots" like me.

take_me_on_high
7th Oct 2002, 17:14
Ok. Now I am happy! That did make me LOL. :D All I can say is, I hope that you get it to work. As for your username, you still didn't explain it all for the world to know?

How's hong kong this time of year?(that is where your profile says you are from) Don't you have a large fog that sits around for a while this time of year? I am doing my met exam in about 2 days so I have to memorise this stuff!

Cheers, JD. And no hard feelings, it is hard to express true feelings through text.

DoMePlease
8th Oct 2002, 01:53
The story goes like this. About a few months back, I went for my last and final interview for full sponsorship. All went well and I answered all their questions without any problems. Before leaving the room, I decided to end by saying something. I didn't know what. I did not have time to think and in a split second I said "Flying is my passion blah blah blah... its the only thing I want to do... blah blah blah... I'm ready for anything. Do me please, ok?" I don't know why I said that but I did. Well, I got the job and I am due to start flying school. So you see not everything is about sex. People choose their nick's for unique/personal reasons. Often only they themselves know what it really means. Anyway glad you accepted my apology (I think you did, from your last post).