View Full Version : Self Funded Ab Initio Questions!

Rohan
9th Aug 2001, 01:45
Guyz. Having had to withdraw from the EUROPILOT Program Selection days, I am now back to looking at self funding by other means. I think it's back to the HSBC Bank as they are doing what they call a Professional Studies Loan. Anyway, my questions:
1. Does it matter where you do your course to stand a chance of being employed by one of the big jet operators? (For example, OATS V MULTIFLIGHT. By the way any experience of MULTIFLIGHT would be well received as i am seriously considering them)
2. Integrated V Modular? Or PPL first then choose?
I am considering going to MULTIFLIGHT to do PPL then take it from there.

Cheers, Steve.

Manflex55
9th Aug 2001, 13:32
We've discussed the training @ Multiflight quite recently. Last time was here. (http://www.pprune.org/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=010330) Good outfit, good people, probably the best FTO in Yorkshire. Would recommend it to ab-initios.

MF

flaps to 60
10th Aug 2001, 16:31
Rohan
First of all good luck in your future career.

as for your questions

1) Though it shouldn't matter where you did your training on ab-initio as the CAA or now JAR monitor them regularly for standards.

But you should look at which schools have airline cadets in them. This is a good indicator that they have what the airlines are looking for. For instance OATS are funneling the cream of the crop straight into Ryanair at present. Not bad for a first job and less than 200hrs.

2) If your going to do it then go for the full intergrated course. Why?. Well how many airlines do upgrade courses that you know of?