PDA

View Full Version : Asiana / Parc Aviation

UPPERDECK
6th Oct 2002, 03:42
Can anyone fill me into what is happening with regards to the Asiana hiring .

I am very interested in the left seat -400 position.

Parc Aviation has indicated that 3 T/O and Landing in the last 6 months is a must .

Does anyone have any insight into why this exist................. in otherwords is it Asiana or Parc that impose this situation.

In closing does anyone have any inside stories about the conditions at Asiana !!! To be happy or not to be Happy

fullforward
8th Oct 2002, 20:30
Parc is the best agency in the market, hands down.
Asiana is a great airline, considering you are able to work on an asian environment, with asian values and asian way of doing things, if you got me straight...
Do not waste your time applying if you do not have the minimum qualifications, wich include above considerations.

Good luck!

BoeingBoy
9th Oct 2002, 07:17
I did a lot of work for PARC in the mid nineties and found them excellent.

The requirement for the 3 t/o's is probably from the Korean Licencing Authority. To avoid having to pay for airborne time in a real aircraft most client airlines wanted this as a pre-requisit.

Of course it's not much help when the same client airlines finish with you in October leaving you out of work for the winter, only to then expect you to be current on May 1st! Still that's the nature of contract flying.

Try finding out if you can do these in a simulator and then get yourself base checked around Feb/March at your own expense. I always made sure my licence and medical were all up to date at all times. It seemed to make a big difference to my 'sellability' and all expenses incurred were claimable as expenses in employment under UK tax laws.

Good Luck.