PDA

View Full Version : Bates method -- success?

epsilon9854
6th Oct 2002, 01:23
Hi,

I would just like to know whether any of you have had success doing Bates-style exercises and thus improving eyesight. How much can be improved on myopia and how long does it take? Any chance of me getting back to -5D from about -6.5D?

Thanks,

András

AerBabe
6th Oct 2002, 08:39
This has come up a few times recently. I suggest you use the 'search' function at the bottom of the page to read through the old threads :)
Good luck!

Tiger_ Moth
7th Oct 2002, 15:45
I don't know anything about the bates method but my optician said something about contact lenses that can improve your eyesight temporarily by reshaping your eye slightly or something, you might want to consider that as it could get you past the -5 barrier.

epsilon9854
7th Oct 2002, 22:48
Thanks for the replies!

András

hencloud
16th Oct 2002, 21:27
Before i started flying i was advised to get my vision down to -3.0d, the limits for the class one. In the event I was given a class two which has recently been upgraded.

-5.0d is quite bad, I was -4.0 and managed to get it down to -3.5d.

Basically i followed a mixture of the bates method and other techniques. The most important thing to do is to stop wearing your glasses and contacts so much and buy all the books etc on the subject.

I was told I could get my vision to 20/20 I think this is a pipe dream. I think it is possible however to improve you vision by maybe 2.0 diopters if you work hard.

The other thing is, it's really boring.

Good Luck

ravenx
18th Oct 2002, 15:14
From what I understand of the Bates thingy there are several different exercises / techniques. Did you find that some of these were more successful than others