PDA

View Full Version : Life after near death

Ratfink
5th Oct 2002, 18:37
Ok, I've thought long (years) and hard :( and I'm about to take that huge financial free fall into the world of integrated training. I'm absolutely terrified,especially after reading some of your thoughts.

Like so many before, i'm bothered about the prospects after i've got that bit of paper, but I realise that no one can predict what they may be, and that it's out of my hands.

My question is: other than nearly killing myself to do my best throughout my training (which i will obvioulsy do!) , are there any steps i could take to increase my chances of an interview upon immediate graduation. In other words, would it be hepful to attempt to communicate with the airline recruitment departments whilst I'm training? Or will it simply be a waste of time?

Failing that, what, in everyone's experience, are the best ways to advertise yourself to prospective employers. There must be some cheeky tricks out there?!

AMEX
5th Oct 2002, 18:50
Networking is the best way to get in mate. Start ASAP with operators (big and small ones) who are traditionally known to take on low time pilots.