PDA

View Full Version : Royal Brunei, UPDATE???

GOH
5th Oct 2002, 07:03
Hi

Is the ageing Royal Brunei fleet ever going to be updated? I have flown with them before about the 4 years ago and the cabin hasnt seem to change judging by what I have heard. Any word of the Director going to update the fleet or the Cabin interior. The first class still doesnt have PTVs??????żżżżż

Any new information about Royal Brunei and the staff??

Thankyou;)

:p

slingsby
5th Oct 2002, 08:07
No news, no update, no re-furb, no info , but then who knows, they don't tell us.

Bullishit
7th Oct 2002, 18:07
:rolleyes: You read it in the Brunai Bullitn and i will read of it (if anything) in the gulf news.

Blacksheep
8th Oct 2002, 04:49
Brunei has ancient traditions. One of them is that things don't change.

Anyway Royal Brunei has the youngest fleet in Asia and it must be true - it says so in The Muhiba :rolleyes:

Through difficulties to the cinema

Bullishit
10th Oct 2002, 21:31
;) Ohh yeh

thegypsy
12th Oct 2002, 08:53
COWPAT Are you now back peddling like mad about your remarks about DHL UK in view it would seem how it has gone pear shaped in RBA all of a sudden??

COWPAT
12th Oct 2002, 10:05
Dont understand. What remarks about DHL? It hasn't just gone pear shaped in RBA "all of a sudden." Its been happening for years.

Try Emailing me directly if you wish.

GOH
15th Oct 2002, 10:00
Black sheep

Most airlines in Asia say they have the youngest fleet, hmmm how can all these airlines have THE youngest??? I read that to in RBA's magazine but go to any website and they say they have one of the worlds youngest fleets and it isnt necesserily true now is it! :D

Cya

desmadronic
15th Oct 2002, 20:17
Newest Fleet?? the 2 x 757's were bought in 1986 ( 3 originally but one was sold some years ago) The oldest 767 was bought in 1991. the newest, a GE pwered a/c in 1997.
As the directors of the company have no knowledge of aircraft economics or operations it is unlikely that the situation will change in the near future.
The new CEO, Foster is just there to give the impression that they care about the airlines reputation in the international community. The airline will rapidly become another Merpati if if the Brunes are left to run it.
Pity really as we used to have quite a good reputation for standards and safety.