PDA

View Full Version : licences

bluewater
4th Mar 2002, 08:24
Could anyone please shed light on the requirement of keeping either a NZ, Australian, Canadian and US FAA licence current. My concern is I do not want any of them to expire and have to resit the exams/etc. So with that in mind are they all life time licences? That is, complete a medical and PPC/Instrument check and it is effectively renewed. How many years after no contact with the respective authorities do they expire? If ever? I am not operating on any of these presently so anyone with information on all/any would be helpful. Yes I know I could check the websites, contact the authorities, etc concerned but anyone that has information or in the same position is so much more practical than screening pages of the net or dealing with 20 phone calls to get to speak to the right person? Ok with that thankyou to anyone with a informative reply.

inverted flatspin
4th Mar 2002, 09:37
FAA certificates never expire. If you don't fly for years spend some time with an instructor and get current again, that's all it takes.. .. .Strictly speaking they do expire after a long number of years but I wouldn't worry about it considering that they only revoked Orville's certificate recently.

Blue Line
4th Mar 2002, 11:09
New Zealand License's are also Lifetime,with a Biannual Flight Review needed every 2 years