PDA

View Full Version : JAR Ops requirements - Ground Ops

Off Blox
4th Oct 2002, 07:54
Under JAR OPS, is it a requirement for a UK based and registered airline to have a Ground Ops Manager, or can they operate without one? We hear so much about Aircrew requirements, so how about the ground side of the operation.......

GroupWatcher
4th Oct 2002, 19:24
Have a look to JAR.OPS 1.175 (h)(i) + (more important) Appendix 2 (b)(5). According to this, yes you need somebody to satisfy as a Ground Operations Post Holder, but this does not have to be an individual person. You may combine this function with another post holder if acceptable to the authority (e.g. FOM + GDOM or QM + GDOM).

Cheers
GW

justforfun
4th Oct 2002, 19:50
Yup, quite correct, which'll probably bring on a debate as to the pros and cons of having a dedicated Grd Ops Mgr, or the position combined with FOM etc.... this'll be a debate I'll try and keep away from!! ;)
(however!, typically the Grd Ops Mgr will be from a despatch/airport etc background, so will have extensive experience in that side of Operations, whereas the FOM will typically be crew/ex crew with extensive experience of THAT side of things - result, good combination of knowledge and, ahem, input!!)

So, Groupwatcher - how goes it with you at (formerly??) HQ??...

Brgds

JFF

:D :D

no sig
4th Oct 2002, 21:50
The postholder requirement under JAR's may be combined with your Authorities approval. The requirement is most often based on the actual nature and size of the operation.

Off Blox
5th Oct 2002, 08:39
Does anyone have a copy of the JAR OPS requirement they could e-mail me? Many thanks for everyone's input......:rolleyes:

GroupWatcher
6th Oct 2002, 09:52
Off Blox: You can read them online on http://www.jaa.nl/section1/jarsec1.html

Justforfun: Still hanging in there. Did it work out with MAN???

Cheers
GW

justforfun
6th Oct 2002, 10:15
GW

Nah, waste of time to be honest... couple of things on the go though. How is it at your end?

Rgds

JFF