PDA

View Full Version : I want to land at RAAF Richmond (YSRI)!

Aussie Andy
4th Oct 2002, 06:46
Hi there,

Will be renting a/c whilst in Sydney over Christmas & New Year. I am ex- RAAF and used to work at 2AD at RAAF Richmond, so would be a larf to be able to put in there whilst I am in the area...

Have had no luck as yet figuring out how to get permission for this - a few email addresses for "blokes that know about it" have been sent my way following previous enquiries, but as yet no info.

Would be much obliged to anyone who can help.

Cheers fellas,

iceblock
4th Oct 2002, 06:56
AA,

Landed there myself about a year ago on charter flight. Was just landing for five minutes to drop someone of and was on an IFR plan. All I did was get a number out of ERSA and probably by shear luck spoke to the right person. It rang only about an hour before arrival and the guy I spoke to said it would be no problem.

Just looking in the ERSA there is a number under ATC heading,
02 4587 3766, give it a go and if its not correct I'm sure they will put you onto the right people

Aussie Andy
4th Oct 2002, 09:10
Hey thanks!

I will give them a call from here in London...

... but no answer (its about 7pm Sydney time I think, so maybe I need to call earlier..?)

If this were a UK MIL base & I wanted permission for a VFR arrival into their place, I'd just call a day or two ahead and it'd be OK 99/100 times - if anyone can tell me that its likely to be that easy, then I'll leave this until the week before when I'll be in Sydney anyway.

Cheers,

375ml
14th Oct 2002, 01:35
Try base ops number (H24) +61 2 4587 2222. Ask them who to seek an approval number from.

kez
14th Oct 2002, 05:16
Hey Andy,

When R U coming to town? Will you be touring about the place?
Sling me a mail if you wanna catch up, OK?

Scotty:)