PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Hotels

Chris1456
4th Oct 2002, 01:40
Hey all, I'm looking for places to stay in Sydney that gives good airline rates. Somewhere close to the beach and the nightlife any suggestions?

Pole Vaulter
4th Oct 2002, 03:58
Fair hotel prices in SYD. You have got to be joking.

Raider1
4th Oct 2002, 04:13
If your requirement is within 12 days have a look at a site called wotif.com The site is a clearing house for surplus capacity. Often you can get a really classy place at better then industry rates.
Stayed at the Duxton at Milsens Point last month. Got a great harbour view room on top floor for only $115.

cheers

skyfox
4th Oct 2002, 07:40
Another site called www.lastminute.com

Similar deal to wotif. I think there is Novotel at Brighton le Sands. Very close to airport but I cant vouch for the prices. The beach sucks too.

There is a metro inn at Darling Harbour, Sussex street i believe, which is reasonable. I think about $130. Or the Corus on York St for about the same, incl breakfast. All within a short train or bus ride to eastern suburbs and beaches. Hope that helps.

SF:D

MIss Behaviour
4th Oct 2002, 12:21
Also check out www.needitnow.com.au which has the Swiss Grand Hotel at Bondi Beach & the Coogee Sands Apartments at Coogee Beach.

There are buses at regular intervals from both of those suburbs into the city.

Bellthorpe
5th Oct 2002, 13:45
I would avoid the Novotel at Brighton le Sands. Heavy trucks rolling by all night long, and no quiet rooms.

The Messiah
7th Oct 2002, 05:54
I get $102 per night at the Novotel Darling Harbour with an airline discount, give them a go.

DIVINE WIND
8th Oct 2002, 14:40
CHRIS1456,
If you take the advice of Raider1 and stay in Milsons point,be sure to mosey on up to the commodore pub on friday nights on the corner of Blues point road and Lavender st. Plenty of eye candy for those keen on beaver watching:eek: