PDA

View Full Version : Caa Atpl In South Sfrica

louvois
3rd Oct 2002, 18:57
Having spent the last 3 hours searching for the answer I am no futher forward.
Could anyone tell me if there any schools in south africa that offer the CAA ATPL ground school training. I am aware that one can do a distance learning course from the UK however knowing the self motinvation that it requires feel it better to try for the full time option.

Any help greatly appreciated

SonicVIPER
5th Oct 2002, 08:14
Greetings mate,

There are a few schools throughout SA offering ATP groundschool classes. The most common presenter is FTC (Flight Training College of SA) although their courses have slacked of quite a bit recently. A newcomer to the industry, Central Flying Academy, also starts with their first ATP classes within a couple months. They are extremely jacked up and I would reccommend them first. The course runs for R6500 and includes the notes. Their classes are presented by guys flying for South-Africa Airways. Check out their website, they might have more info on the ATP classes (www.flyingacademy.co.za)

A few other renowned schools are 43 Flightschool and Progress Academy. Sorry I cant give you any info about them, havent dealt with them yet.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

gravitysux
5th Oct 2002, 16:12
I think Louvois means CAA/JAA/JAR?
Am also curious if SA validate JAA/JAR ATP???

wheels up
7th Oct 2002, 08:12
As far as I know FTC is the only school that presents ground training for the JAR ATPL. The other schools mentioned only provide training for the SA CAA CPL.

WU

Clogmaster
7th Oct 2002, 15:57
I heard that FTC have had their JAR-approval withdrawn?!

Wheels UP when are you off to West Africa? :D

cheers
CM

Doodlebug
11th Oct 2002, 14:22
Gravitysux

They do.
Certified copy of licence + medical; Flight test; Air law exam; Application form; Fee.
Contact Sofia Molentze Fax +27 12 4260 158.
Good luck!

Doodlebug