PDA

View Full Version : do BA pilot training - accept glasses wearers?

alistair_roman
3rd Oct 2002, 17:19
BA are as unclear as the CAA on this one!
I am wondering if anybody knows if the British Airways Sponsored Pilot Training Scheme offers places to glasses wearers like me?

They are ghastly unclear and seem very picky. Also, has anyone tried to get into the BA scheme? what qualities do they look for? I am currently at the perfect height/weight ratio, am 6' tall, and am very smartly presented. is that enough?

thanks to any kind of reply!

Bleep
4th Oct 2002, 11:44
Afraid that's not necessarily the case. BA's requirements (at least when I last applied) are stricter than JAA class 1. That includes eyesight requirements too. Passin your class 1 does not mean you will be accepted by BA meds.

glider26
4th Oct 2002, 13:41
I wear glasses and I was a BA sponsored cadet, so to answer you question yes they do accept people who wear glasses... Last I heard though they had suspended the recruitment programme though. Good luck anyway!

G26

alistair_roman
5th Oct 2002, 17:50
thanks people!!!

as i am 16 and still choosing my career, i really need to know what to do. by the looks of the piloting career world tho, i think i'll take a computer engineering degree first!!! (would that help get into BA, if they started up the sponsored training schemes again)?