PDA

View Full Version : American jumpseat policy

islandhopper
3rd Oct 2002, 13:56
Just wondering what the policy is now for internal and international flights regarding the flt deck jumpseat on N reg aircraft.
Can crews still posn in uniform?

Captain Numpty
3rd Oct 2002, 15:22
A good friend of mine who is a Senior Captain with AA said that this is a big "no no" now. i.e. NO ONE ALLOWED ON THE J/S unless it's a training flight or the FAA

Shame isn't it? Especially when you could be helping someone out. However, I guess you also run the risk of helping someone possibly Hijack your flight too!

Tough call:confused:

Kind regards

C.N.

WhatsaLizad?
3rd Oct 2002, 15:22
Perhaps in light of current events, the question might best be handled through company or union channels and kept out of a public forum.

I wish it didn't have to be this way.

GlueBall
3rd Oct 2002, 15:32
AA or American carriers in general?
Forget about sitting in the cockpit of any FAA Part 121 carrier unless you are a company employe of that carrier.

Jumpseaters of 121/135 carriers with reciprocal agreements may be accommodated on vacant cabin seats.

Jumpseat agreements between US and foreign (non US) carriers are practically zero. :(

B767300ER
3rd Oct 2002, 15:44
GlueBall is right; unless you're a pilot from a that specific company, you can't ride in cockpit jumpseats anymore. The cabin seat, if available, is still usable, but very soon comprehensive ID and employment verification checks will be mandatory.

A great benefit temporarily lost. Then again, it will never be the same as it was pre-9/11.
https://image.jetnet.aa.com/imageserver45/aa/9_11_feature_ribbon.jpg