View Full Version : Any past / present para drop hours builders out there?

Cruise Alt
7th Aug 2001, 16:44
Please could you tell me how well the job has helped you in getting an airline job. How many hours did you get and how have employers viewed the hours?

Hungry Joe
8th Aug 2001, 14:23
I’ve just logged my 800th hour, 500 of which were spent scattering skydivers over several counties. I’ve also just landed a job driving 146s, and got the impression that the para-dropping was viewed quite positively at the interview. It certainly brought my flying skills up many notches, and has been great fun. Go for it, and do a few jumps if you get the chance.

v1rotate
10th Aug 2001, 01:09
I did only about 10 hours in the C206 before getting offered a position with an airline (380 hours total time). I think it was viewed very positively as it was seen to be actively keeping current and flying rather than waiting for an airline job.

It not only was fun but really taught me about handling an aircraft to the point where it feels like you really have mastered flying it. Lots of take offs and landings also.

Oleo
10th Aug 2001, 09:11
1500 TT: 800 instructing followed by 150 throwing meat bags out of an old King Air. RHS med jet now. Don't know how it was viewed but turbine time certainly helped...