PDA

View Full Version : Skyvan-driver

An2
2nd Oct 2002, 11:42
Is there any place in Africa, for a Skyvan-driver to go and maybe find a job?
Any information would be much appreiciated.

Blue skies! :cool:

An2

flying masai
2nd Oct 2002, 15:28
I came across an An2 Operation, Rockair, in Madagascar, you may want to take a look over there.

An2
2nd Oct 2002, 18:18
Thanks for the input, flying masai.
But I was kind of on the look-out for Skyvan-jobs.
An2 is just my nickname, and that's mainly because I look like one! :D :D ...at least that's what my wife tells me. :rolleyes:
Anyway...thanks again!

Jockstrap41
2nd Oct 2002, 18:48
Speak to the main man MONTY!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

4granted
2nd Oct 2002, 19:44
Monty if you can find him..
Your wife loves you very much..what a compliment, seriously...I mean what an a/c
Have a mate who bought one for 15000US$...made 40000US$ profit in first 2 months and that was 8 months ago....you do the sums...Im not going to say where though......
AN2 is of course the big single biplane or have I just lost the plot??

Re the Skyvan ..wow, nice a/c too if you take it out of its box...comes with a built in headwind if Im not mistaken.
Try some of the Geosysmic/sismyc...mineral searches(god knows how to spell that) guys it seem pretty popular there..
who are the oakes out Lanseria...forget their name..Geodass or somthink
ok
hb4g:cool:

AMEX
2nd Oct 2002, 19:52
There you to be a company operating in the Delta, called World Geoscience using a SkyVan. They also had a 404 based in Gabs.

skyvan
2nd Oct 2002, 21:37
If I remember correctly, Naturelink operate a Skyvan. Not too many operators of them left out here. There were two being operated from Durban in the early 90s, but one went to Aus for geophysical conversion, and the other to Europe for paradropping.

It may never win a prize in a beauty contest, but it was an honest airplane, if you could close the door, it would fly, even out of Gauteng.

We once took 2 PT6, 2 props, 3 drums of fuel and associated engineering equipment (jacks, engineers etc) from Lanseria to Paradise Islands to retrieve a Kingair that someone had managed to immobilise but breaking off the nose wheel (at 96% N1) in the sand. It took us straight to FL100 without a compliant.

Masterful aircraft.

Good luck.

4HolerPoler
2nd Oct 2002, 22:46
http://www.airliners.net/photos/small/1/6/1/132161.jpg