PDA

View Full Version : Libya

jetjackel
2nd Oct 2002, 07:23
Flew a trip into Surt Libya last week. Actually spent the night and have decided its the scariest place I've ever been and I've been to some really scary places. Anyone else with any stories?

The people I met bring new definition to weird. Is it the water or the propaganda within?

ZAZOO
2nd Oct 2002, 13:43
Jackal what happened man !!!

What scared you about the place, at least tell us something scary that happened :eek:

Zazoo

blowawayjet
2nd Oct 2002, 21:09
been flying in this sh*thole now for the last f*ckin' 9 months, and i f*ckin' hate it. it's not scary, it just f*cked up....no radar in tip, all visual approaches into the rest of the country, and a bunch of lunaticks rapping on the radio, mumbling about what radial from tip and level 'passin'.*******s....will they ever learn?

jetjackel
3rd Oct 2002, 11:01
Lets see.....Ground handler at airport shows me his cellphone with picture of the "binster" standing next to the twin towers in flames.

Arrived at hotel and hostile "vibs" so strong it made my skin crawl.

2 of my flight attendants had male types open their hotel room doors and stared at them with their mouths hanging open, apparantly thinking they were going to get laid.

ATC isn't even worth complaining about as I didn't notice any kind of rime or reason to anything transmitted.

Kind of like a Felinni movie.