PDA

View Full Version : Finally getting my chance!!

boxjockey99
1st Oct 2002, 23:14
Well it's been over 14 months in coming but I have finally managed to get a job flying. I start my conversion course in late October and will hopefully be beginning line training in december!!

There seems to be the beginning of a move in the jobs market, slow at first but it seems to be quickening pace, there are 3 F/O's being taken on including me so assuming Mr. Blair and Mr. Bush don't get all rowdy down in the Gulf things may be on the up sooner than we all thought.

Keep the faith boys and girls!!

Boxjockey:D :D :D

FRIDAY
1st Oct 2002, 23:59
Well the best of luck boxjockey99,
I won't put you on the spot and ask who you got the position with, but would you be so kind as to tell us wannabees your route of training and how you landed that job, any tips???

Regards FRIDAY

Dr.Evil 2002
2nd Oct 2002, 08:07
Well done,

A few more threads like this and we can all maybe smile a bit more!:D

boxjockey99
3rd Oct 2002, 17:39
Friday

My route was simple... JAR modular with PPSC then PAT in Bournemouth. The onto the hold pool for 14 months. I was partially sponsored hence I got in with only 280hrs but things really are starting to happen

All the best

Boxjockey:D

MattDavey23
3rd Oct 2002, 18:20
Boxjockey99, congratulations and the very best of luck!

I was curious to know at what stage you became sponsored. Was it right from the start or at some point during your modular route?

I'm currently studying ATPL Theory at Bristol, then plan to do the flying training at Multiflight at Leeds. Any advice greatly aprreciated.

Best Regards,

Matt

Keith.Williams.
3rd Oct 2002, 18:34
Well done Kriss,

Now just remember to get me an upgrade if I ever fly with you.

fonawah
4th Oct 2002, 07:57
Boxjockey,
Congratulations ...well done. May I ask how old you are? I am just curious. I am 32 and planning a modular route so I'll be at least 35 or 36 when I'm done. Just interested to know about how difficult (or easy) it will be to land a RHS job after training.

jonjon
4th Oct 2002, 11:00
Well done boxjockey99!!!!

This is very inspiring to us all wannabes!

It's nice to hear some good news!

foghorn
4th Oct 2002, 11:20
Well done box jockey - I'm glad to hear that there is some low-hour modular hiring going on.

What holding pool were you in? An airline's or the CTC ATP Scheme?

Cheers!
foggy.

MAX
4th Oct 2002, 19:53
Wouldn't be with CHANEX would it Box??

MAX:cool:

boxjockey99
5th Oct 2002, 15:16
fonawah / MattDavey23

I am mid 20's and was sponsored at about 150hrs with PPL/IMC/Night to go on and do the ATPL modular course and from there go straight onto the fleet allegedly! If it hadn't been for that pesky Mr. Bin Laden I probably would've been there earlier too!

Keith

Well thanks for keeping my anonymity safe mate :eek: :eek: . Not to worry since you were a pretty big part of my success we'll just have to let you off with a small flogging! Hope all is well, get in touch soon and we'll see if we can get together, I think I might need some help refreshing my prop theory! oh and I expect a nice fat cheque is already in the post for all the nice things I said about your latest literary work! All the best matey

Foghorn

I was on an airline hold pool as I was their sponsorship cadet type person!

MAX

Might be!! Might not that's the beauty of anonymity

Keep the faith all

Box

MAX
5th Oct 2002, 20:23
Fair enough. I seem to remember a part sponsored CHANEX lad when I was at PPSC and the sums seem to fit. Just wondered if the same? Its nice to put success with a face etc. Private email me if you wish.

Good Luck.

MAX:cool:

DoMePlease
6th Oct 2002, 05:57
Yes things seem to be picking up. Me and about 10 others have been selected for full sponsorship. I hope everyone who wants this job gets it too. I hated those guys who turned down full sponsorships because they "weren't sure of this"... Bollocks... their loss...

Bluebaron
6th Oct 2002, 16:32
BUSTED!

BB :D

sloany
7th Oct 2002, 09:15
Good luck to you Box. The 14 mth wait I am sure was hell but it is great that it has all come good for you. Have fun!
Sloany
:cool:

webley
7th Oct 2002, 13:12
Did you ever fly a Navajo !!!!!!;)

boxjockey99
8th Oct 2002, 21:13
webley

I got to fly a Chieftain from the right hand seat and once from the left but anyone who's anyone know's a that aircraft is a 350 chieftain not a Navajo!!

Speak to you next time we cross paths

Box