PDA

View Full Version : Beach sounds from an advert

rob_frost
1st Oct 2002, 19:39
The advert that has a beach on it,(can't find it now that I want it :rolleyes: ) )and the top of the page seems to have sounds of waves eminating from it. Either that or I've has started to go mad.

I thought I had turned things like that off last time it was mentioned, but it seems not to have worked. Didn't Danny tell the advertising people not to put up any sound ones?

What_does_this_button_do?
2nd Oct 2002, 10:55
this has been reported.

B

rob_frost
2nd Oct 2002, 12:00
Thanks

Wedge
10th Oct 2002, 20:30
I was just trying to work out how to get rid of it when I saw the thread on JB about it, didn't know it had anything to do with PPRuNe! It's driving me mad as it keeps playing over and over every 15 minutes or so whether I am connected to the internet or not!

I've deleted all offline comtent and temporary internet files, will that fix it?

Squiddley
24th Oct 2002, 05:04
It's still up.

FI - Adsubtract is a good utility which can filter out such nonsense, as well as popups, autorefreshes, javascript and more. Very flexible and customisable. Expensive though for the registered version...

ACK
24th Oct 2002, 07:55
It drives me crazy too :rolleyes:

Can we have an update B??

BlueRobin
24th Oct 2002, 08:19
FYI, there's also ads with jet noises.

BR

(comment with nimby connotations!)

Knold
24th Oct 2002, 12:54
Good thing you confirmed it, I started checking the computer for another of those "polar bear viruses"

rob_frost
27th Oct 2002, 19:49
Yeah, it is still around.

pilotwolf
28th Oct 2002, 23:34
Give the sound of the beach over the scream I get when I log into the pprune email site.

Scared me ****less the other night when I actually had the sound turned on.

Evo
29th Oct 2002, 09:15
Yeah, I hate that sodding screaming one too :( :mad:

long final
30th Oct 2002, 19:52
Is that the bloody bungy msn one??? Just got me, laptops plugged into the surround sound (been listening to music), scared the living 5h1te out of me. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PPrUne, get rid of the sound banners - there must be a way of blocking them.

:( :confused: :rolleyes: :( :confused: :rolleyes:

LF

bughunta
31st Oct 2002, 15:17
Try running a scan by Ad-aware, you'll be surprised by the amount of dodgy cookies that you will have and were unaware you had, and thought you had deleted by emptying your temp. int. files :( Pop-ups are particularly bad at this, trojans and all sorts in there...But dont listen to me, read it all here...

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

and go to download. Takes nano seconds on broadband, cant speak for modems...

Kelly Slater
11th Nov 2002, 23:56
With a user name like mine, you would think that beach sounds wouldn't worry me. Unfortunately, my computer cannot cope and virtually ceases to function whilst a broken attempt at the sound of the ocean eminates from my speakers. Can anyone tell me how to disable this ad. I have tried pop up and banner killers as well as disabling just about everything on my browser.

Ridley
22nd Nov 2002, 05:16
I just sent Marcus over at IPG the thread, they didn't realize there was such a backlash over the sound.

They've taken it off, I'm assuming that since they emailed me it was taken off. And well, I can't hear it anymore, so I'm guessing its correct.