PDA

View Full Version : After I graduate

buster172
1st Oct 2002, 16:51
Hi,

I am a student studying Industrial Design in my final year and would like to work in the industry when I leave.

I love aviation and want to fly commercially in the future.

Working in the industry, in areas that I would be working alongside as a pilot I think may be beneficial to me an dmy future employers ?

Could anyone offer me any information regards qualifications and or experience that I may need to begin working in ops or any other ground discipline ?

Any info or thought on my Idea would be greatly appreciated, an any info on the general morale and views on this type of work.

Thanks for your time

Yours

Buster

:)

Departures Beckham
2nd Oct 2002, 16:39
Everyone I know in ops for handling agents have been promoted to that position - most of them started as dispatchers.

If you are looking for airline operations, I'm pretty sure that BA offer placements in their ops - speak to you placement's advisors at university.

Becks

JB007
2nd Oct 2002, 18:40
Airline Ops or Crewing is very good grounding if you want to fly...you'll learn lots and and it will all be relevant stuff...just requires someone to give you a break..

Have a go at trying to get into one of the ground agents as a starting point..

But beware, the pay when your starting with little or no experiance can be poor... http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/sadness.gif

If flying is what you want to do, plan it all very carefully, you need to think alot further ahead than just a job to fill your time before embarking on your ATPL... http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/aircraft/Plane1.gif

buster172
13th Oct 2002, 17:26
Thanks very much for the replys, sorry I took so long to get back to you !

Have been very busy at uni !

I appreciate your points. I do want to fly commercially and am looking into the best way for me. At this point I still have a year to go before I finish university. I shall use this time wisely to plan and plan.

It sounds good, I dont mind low wages to much, I am a student after all, its par for the course isnt it ? I dont expect a degree to give me the right to start at the top, only to give me a better chance of starting at all !
:(

what a sad attitude to have, but is it realistic ?

Thanks again, I shall make some calls.

Regards,

Buster

:)

JB007
13th Oct 2002, 22:33
A degree will show you have the ability to learn at a very high standard.....but I think it is fair to say that what concerns employers more is how you will fit into a team. I think this goes for both Ops departments and on the flight deck.

You will be working with the same person for long periods and sometimes under pressure, awkward if your at loggerheads, could get expensive!!!!