PDA

View Full Version : Twin jobs.

Skystar
1st Oct 2002, 09:41
G'day all,
Any advice here would be much appreciated. I'm approaching 1700tt in singles and slowly completing my ME CIR and hopefully find myself a twin job. Where would I best be headed and what time of year?
Is it still the norm to progress up through the grapevine in companies with singles and twins? Do companies with only twins put on folks with minimal twin experience?
How do i make the next step of having no twin to time getting my first start on twins?
I've lost touch with it all, been out in the bush for far too long.
Thanks.
Skystar.

druglord
1st Oct 2002, 14:57
Your best bet is a move sideways I'm afraid. Find a company with singles and twins and you'll probably be flying singles for a while, but hopefully there's a light at the end of the tunnel with two egg beaters instead of one. Best of Luck.

Towering Q
2nd Oct 2002, 03:47
I'm sure there would be operators out there that would give you a start in a twin if you have 1700hrs tt. It's just a matter of going out there and finding them. Can't help you with the where and when except to say that moving away from the capitol cities helped me.

outboundjetsetter
2nd Oct 2002, 20:42
I agree with the other guys ive got 400TT no insrtructors endorsement/rating yet, 50hrs on twins and rising. youll need to move somewhere which operates both and like myself jump on many flights A-B even if your in the right seat not logging anything youll get some experience before your let lose IFR and it will be worth it!.