PDA

View Full Version : GO Interview / Assessment in OCT

Loony_Pilot
1st Oct 2001, 01:27
Hi Folks,

I've been invited for assessment/interview with GO in October, has anyone else been invited and does anyone have any info on the process?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

LP

v1rotate
1st Oct 2001, 19:10
Review all the notes you have/had on the 737. Go through all the Q and A's from the "Scheme" ;) (you know which one), I have it posted on my website here (http://www.v1rotate.freeuk.com) Could be "just about yourself" type stuff though.

Good luck with the interview/assessment. I know you've been given the run around in the past and I hope you get this. As for me, training on hold with no definate date on resuming. Went to the Job Centre today, possible job behind the desk. :rolleyes: :(

Wet Power
1st Oct 2001, 20:40
For info

All change in the last couple of weeks (unsurprisingly).

Big revue going on at GO at the moment in respect of future recruitment, particularly for Direct Entry Captains.

My guess is that they can smell a lot of well qualified people coming out of BA/Virgin in the near future - voluntary redundancies etc.

Loony_Pilot
1st Oct 2001, 21:36
Hi,

Thanks for the info folks,

I did the Morrisby test a few years back as part of the BAe pass scheme.

I'm not overly surprised that airlines may change their recruitment strategy in light of the recent events, have been half expecting to get a call cancelling or delaying the assessment but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

V1Rotate thanks for the support, hope you get your RH seat soon as well.

In the meantime my back up plan if i dont get the GO job is to the FI rating and take life as it comes until the airlines pick up again.. Have an idea though if you want to drop me a line.

If any current GO pilots have any info it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks again

Goforfun
2nd Oct 2001, 00:59
80 places available... over 2500 applicants... over 100 of which have 737 type ratings.

Loony_Pilot
2nd Oct 2001, 02:54
hi,

well they cant interview 2500 people in 4 assessment days. so they must have narrowed the number down substantially.

I do have a partly completed rating, ie i passed the 737-300 LPC check but didnt do the base training.

LP

Loony_Pilot
3rd Oct 2001, 20:03
Has anyone else got any info that could help?