PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus

PA28-161
30th Sep 2002, 13:44
Just thought I'd tell about 737 Dublin-Amsterdam.
It was Sept 02 returning 21st, to get a connecting flight to Miami.
I had with me my girlfriend, a wheelchair user, who needs lifted on and off the plane.
A pile of eejits called 'GreenCaps' do it at Dublin (the lifting) and because they were late the bloody plane missed departure time. The pilot called it 'unable to take off immediately due to ATC restriction', a new one on me. Anyway, a nice flight, and the fresh FO did a lovely landing at Schiphol. Seats SO much nicer than the connecting Northwest DC-10!

Way back - Late going, some problem or other. Not nice after an 8-hour flight (this time on KLM codesharing DC-10, and v.uncomfortable - bloody food gave me the runs too!:( ).
Again, good inflight service, comfortable and all.
Bloody Greencaps took 40, yes 40 minutes to get the girl off the plane - it was due for Malaga next and had well missed depature slot. Anyhow, stewardesses stayed on with us and chatted, and then the AEL Chief pilot (I'm sorry mate, I've forgotten your name!) kept us company - very hospitable, and ameliorated the whole thing for me. I've flown Dublin - O'Hare (Chigago) with AEL before and it was so-so, but if the whole company's as nice as that they'll do well. Cheers.

INLAK
1st Oct 2002, 12:50
Sounds like the general performance of Dublin greencaps!!, not that they get any better at other airports!!

It`s a pity that the Chief Pilot (if thats who it was) dosen`t treat the rest of the pilots the same way as you, instead of tryingto shaft them at every available opportunity. The frontline staff at EI are very good, especially in the face of a completely useless, conceited and cunniving management team.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

t3953
28th Nov 2002, 22:25
Hey there!

Until very recently I spent 3 years working for EI as frontline in DUB. The greencaps are a pretty new venture brought in to "improve" the situation regarding disabled passengers in dublin. Before that we had the sole Aer Rianta ambulance team which are as bad as Aer Rianta on a whole! More than often the ambulance would be called away to Beaumont hospital with some emergency and the entire airport would be left without a lift-on, lift-off facility. We used to have to ask the Airport Police to do it for us and such a show was made and was very embarassing for both airline and passengers and I for one used to find myself apologising profously to these passengers who had to endure this. At least theres a few greencaps around but their training and general attitude towards the job worries me.
I still cant beleive that this is the only facility in Irelands main international airport that provides such a shabby service. Whatever about the other airlines I know Aer Lingus should be pushing for something better. It will be interesting to see how the airport cope during the Special Olympics next summer!!!

All the best!!!!

As for INLAK!!! Im not a pilot but im closely related to one but at least he doesnt push his problems with the airline on the traveling public, I left Aer Lingus for better pastures by choice but a lot of my friends earning a lot less than the pilots were let go so push your grudges aside and thank yourself your not one of them!