PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft hire in South East QLD

VH-AJC
30th Sep 2002, 10:19
I have a CPL with 160 hrs split between PA38's and TB10's and I'm looking to build hours through private hire.

Can anyone recommend any places around Brisbane to hire from? At this stage I'm interested in PA28 RG or C182/210.

I've been to Redcliffe and had a look through their PA28 VH-NUS so far and was considering getting a few hours in that.

Any feedback, positive or negative would be good.

Thanks

SuPeRcHaRgEd
30th Sep 2002, 10:53
My suggestion is to get to know an owner of an aircraft and hire directly off them.
All flying schools etc make at least $30 per hour on top of running costs for administration.
I personally prefer not to pay this as aircraft hire is becoming more expensive of late due increased fuel, fees and maintenance and the extra $30 dollars or so per hour is better off in my pocket.

However, Redcliffe is a good place to start to look for an owner who is looking for competant pilots to private hire his or her aircraft.

Be sure to take the appropriate steps to be added to the insurance policy for that aircraft which you intend to fly.

Mainframe
30th Sep 2002, 12:01
VH-AJC, try to get some Cessna 200 time, either C210 or C206, this will be the most likely aircraft you will get to fly "out there". Failing that, C182 or if you're a masochist even a PA32. There are a couple of skydive companies around Bris, try visiting the DZ at Aratula on a weekend, or contact Rambler's. If you're visiting Redcliffe, drive a bit further to Caboolture and Caloundra, you might be surprised at what you find.

Rich-Fine-Green
30th Sep 2002, 18:42
AJC;

Try this site, cheapest flying time around and a platform if you want to start/renew/practice IFR.

www.brisflying.org

VH-AJC
30th Sep 2002, 21:47
Thanks all for the advice!