PDA

View Full Version : How to get 500hrs night + 500 multi

Deputy Dog
29th Sep 2002, 01:41
How does one go about getting 500hrs night + 500 multi to unfreeze an ATPL these days ?? Previously 1500 P1 was enough which you could get being an instructor. Any ideas how to "jump through this hoop" now short of being a millionaire ??

FRIDAY
29th Sep 2002, 02:40
I could have swore it was only 100hrs night p1?
As for how to get there, well finances will help for hr building at night etc but as far as multi crew time goes I have no idea.
I guess you just have to build as much twin time /IFR/night as possible to gloss up your c.v and hope thats enough to land a rhs job then of course you will get your multi crew time, but until then stay frozen but with as much multi as possible and SE instructional of course will help with the hr build.
Sorry it ain't much help to you, If you living in the U.K why not hop over to Ireland I think (need to luck this up) that you can get your atpl here without the multi time requirement. I go check it now,,,,

BEagle
29th Sep 2002, 06:58
You will need 500 hours multi-PILOT time, not merely multi-engine, in order to 'unfreeze' a CPL with ATPL knowledge credit. Plus various other requirements such as MCC.......

.....and that's multi-pilot time in an aeroplane which requires 2 pilots in order to comply with its certification, not just sharing time in a light ac!

foghorn
29th Sep 2002, 20:19
Since you only need the ATPL to be a commander of a multi-crew aircraft engaged in public transportation (a CPL is good for all other operating capacities), you get the 500 hours multi-crew time to unfreeze your ATPL by being a co-pilot of a multi-crew aircraft engaged in public transportation. Simple!

cheers!
foggy.