PDA

View Full Version : Flight deck of one aircraft found in NY.

Vortex what...ouch!
13th Sep 2001, 20:00
Hearing on Sky News that the flight deck of one of the aircraft that hit the WTC has been found.

More importantly a body, not in uniform is on the flight deck. This would be consistant with the train of thought that the terrorists were flying the aircraft and not the pilots.

They are also reporting the one of the cabin crew, in the tailsection has been found with her hands tied with wire.

Budgie69
13th Sep 2001, 20:37
The speed and severity of the impact make the accuracy of this report somewhat doubtful.

Tripower455
13th Sep 2001, 21:00
>>The speed and severity of the impact make the accuracy of this report somewhat doubtful.<<
I agree, from the video, I'd doubt there are any pieces of the A/C bigger than a quarter left! Lots of laws of physics were tested on tuesday....... :(

sistern
14th Sep 2001, 00:14
Yes I agrea. Whilst there is so much airtime being given to this tragic event it unfortunately leads the broadcasters searching for new angles on the stories. I listened to an ill informed BBC reporter today who first mentioned that all US airports were closed but then went on to say no flights were operating to the US because pilots could not file flight plans :confused:

Flap 5
14th Sep 2001, 09:57
... and whatever happened to the report that four other aircraft were hijacked and then shot down?

autoflight
14th Sep 2001, 15:54
Are other US airliners missing?

FMC
14th Sep 2001, 17:36
Tripower455 is right. I would cast huge doubts on this information which in the face of the video footage is rather fanciful. We could dicuss this in detail, but given the graphic nature if this insident and those missing I feel it inappropriate.

Flap 5
14th Sep 2001, 21:53
The news item stated that the cockpit was found on the roof of a nearby hotel (I believe it was the Marriott).

The video footage of the second aircraft hitting the south tower showed a piece of something thrown out of the other side of the tower.

Vonkprop
14th Sep 2001, 22:01
Two trails = two engines, both recovered.

IANESSAR
14th Sep 2001, 23:31
Flap 5, I saw that too, on one of the videos it can be clearly seen that what looks like the forward 15' or so of the second a/c comes through the other side. However it then appears to disintigrate.

JudyTTexas
15th Sep 2001, 01:40
Local news (scroll) reports indicate the FD was found with the remains of what may be one of the hijackers. Also found was a F/A that was bound.

AeroBoero
15th Sep 2001, 01:53
I find a bit difficult also to belive they found the FD. If you want to compare, just see the crash site from the 4th aircraft in Pensylvania. Almost nothing left. Complet desintegration. The parts flying away after impact could be indeed the engines.

whatshouldiuse
15th Sep 2001, 02:34
Hey Friends;

I was at WTC today trying ot help. Believe me when I say that apart from the girders, concrete and glass, there is nothing that is greater than the size of a hand...and that is rare...unless of course it is a hand.

I'll be returning tomorrow to the site for any assistance I can provide.

Whatshouldiuse